ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: A online subscription with a World Champion.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:17 am 
Field Grade

Boomhand wrote:
Rooster booster wrote:
WFC? The subject is his value as someone we could learn a thing or two from.....which I’m sure he has much.

But if I’m forking over a nickel for any ‘tips’, any and Nicole’s if mine are going to the many very fine shooters, who have long and distinguished histories of outstanding behavior on the course. Too many elite level shooters, with elite level manners and reputations to spend my money with.

Exactly. Class of 78 (Ben) just using the board to drum up business. Wish Curly would remove this thread. I’ll get my tips from Anthony, Zach, Wendell, Bill, David, and on and on.

Being a good shot does not necessarily make you a good coach. Being a good coach does not necessarily mean that you provide good online instructional content. At some point in the future I might decide to get in person instruction from one a top tier coach's but for now I prefer to watch instructional videos that I access online (mostly Youtube). Most of the guys you mentioned above do not have much of any free content to look at and see how their methods work for you. For free online instructional content Ben and Gil Ash seem to have the most out there. For me Ben's content is more easily understood and transferable to my shooting. I have been able to take some of his advice go and practice it and hit targets more consistently because of those methods. I am aware that Anthony has instructional video content that you can purchase online which a lot of people seem to enjoy. The problem for me is that video based instruction is something I like to test drive through free content before deciding if the instructor is good at conveying their message clearly both visually and orally in the videos. I just have not seen enough "sneek peak" instructional clips out of Anthony or others to pay the price over what I am already finding helpful from Ben.

To me the Northbrook Cheatgate scandal is irrelevant to what I get out of his instructional content.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:31 am 
Presentation Grade

A friend of the site asked me to post this for the benefit of LacyB and others thinking AM has no free material available:

https://youtu.be/mu2arT9NQaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:23 pm 
Presentation Grade

To me the Northbrook Cheatgate scandal is irrelevant to what I get out of his instructional content.

To me the integrity of the sport is more important than giving internet hits to Ben to save the difference of a SYO shoot vs a shoot with trappers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:48 pm 
Utility Grade

My whole purpose of posting this was for internet content to be viewed by the masses. I have heard many rumours seen no evidence on cheatgate. So I’ll continue to learn from what I see as the best out there

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:52 pm 
Field Grade

Auldthymer wrote:
A friend of the site asked me to post this for the benefit of LacyB and others thinking AM has no free material available:

https://youtu.be/mu2arT9NQaw

I never said he had no free content just not as much. I had watched this video 2 times previously along with videos from several others. Ben and Gil both have tons of content out there. The Smoking Targets series from Ben is probably my favorite. The "How to Break" series from the CPSA is also pretty good although the instructor is very bland which makes the videos less enjoyable than they could be.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

I came upon a Digweed video today that was quite interesting. He had a lot of discussion of footwork and stance. He was talking about some tough targets presenting edge on and curling away as they retreated into the distance. Problem was, he talked about the importance of hitting them at the right time, but never really showed what that was. The recorded views of the targets weren’t really clear enough for the viewer to tell what was going on in the absence of detailed explanation so some good, some bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:48 am 
Utility Grade

Reference GD video

Was a useless video like most of his content. A tremendous shooter in days gone by but unfortunately a new technical era has left him behind.

Last edited by Classof78 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:11 am 
Limited Edition

Classof78 wrote:
Was a useless video like most of his content. A tremendous shooter in days gone by but unfortunately a new technical era has left him behind.

Don’t throw shade mate .
It does your cause no good .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:50 am 
Diamond Grade

blaser f3 wrote:
Classof78 wrote:

Don’t throw shade mate .
It does your cause no good .
Certainly removes all doubt about his purpose here though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 am 
Utility Grade

Another great clip. I wish some more places over here threw the English overhead

https://youtu.be/SaelqkUfssc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7