Shotgun Forum banner

Big time sporting going on in San Anotonio

4K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  DKW1 
#1 ·
Some really big scores at the Nationals. Kruse ran the K-Kup. Unbelievable.

#2 ·
Yes, it's truly amazing. Look at all the 74's and 73's shot in the main today. It is stunning how good these top folks have gotten - no matter the difficulty of the targets.
The targets get harder, yet the scores keep going up. And some of the teenagers are on the cutting edge. This really could be the Golden Age of sporting clays.
It reminds me of the early days of the X Games. People would do tricks that nobody had heard of at one competition - then by the next competition everyone had that trick mastered and had come up with added difficulty versions of them.
What a great sport.

#3 ·
agreed targets are getting tougher, and scores are getting higher as well..........stations or targets that used be "separators" are now run and it's the norm.

I attribute alot of that to shooters that have their own traps, and their own land and also people that have local clubs where they will go and sit at one station that's setup and just hammer it until they get it perfect.

We used to have a saying in our locker room when I played hockey.

Practice like you have never lost
Compete like you have never won

#5 ·
actually , Cory Kruse has more talent than all you goobers. A US Open , two NSCA Nationals and a World English.

Credit where credit is due.

JW are you there? I'm not and headed to Ed's tomorrow.

#10 ·
It would be really cool if they could reset the squads and have those 4 shoot together on the final day. Tremendous talent and fabulous shooting. That would be awesome....

And even better if Nick Berry could tag along and record some of it to share with us shooting nuts.

#11 ·
dpe2002 said:
It would be really cool if they could reset the squads and have those 4 shoot together on the final day. Tremendous talent and fabulous shooting. That would be awesome....

And even better if Nick Berry could tag along and record some of it to share with us shooting nuts.
There are just so few at that level consistently. Mien has become one of the best in the world at all shooting disciplines. Cory, on any given day can't be beat. Zach has come into his own the last couple of years, but these young guns are truly amazing along with some ladies that are truly in reach of becoming National Champs.

Anthony had an extremely unusual bad first day. I guess just goes to show even they can have a bad day with a gun.

Fun to watch and yes Nick does some great video.

#12 ·
The game is hard. Cory Kruse missed 4 out of his last 8 shots on last station likely costing him the National title. The rabbue on yellow #5.

I went into Nationals using using a new routine that I have been using last few months. I started poorly and I lost my confidence and the new routine did not work. I was striving to achieve something better. I knew I was taking a chance. It didn't work.

#13 ·
deadbird995 said:
The game is hard. Cory Kruse missed 4 out of his last 8 shots on last station likely costing him the National title. The rabbue on yellow #5.

I went into Nationals using using a new routine that I have been using last few months. I started poorly and I lost my confidence and the new routine did not work. I was striving to achieve something better. I knew I was taking a chance. It didn't work.
Thanks for sharing Anthony, and I remember the rabbue. At least we now know you really are human.

#14 ·
deadbird995 said:

You are both still champions and a 282 and 285 are incredible scores to post.

#16 ·
Would someone please post who set the targets for the main? The setters are such an important part of our game and usually they are not mentioned in the promotion of an event. It would also be interesting to hear a description of the rabbue on yellow #5 that Anthony mentioned. What made it especially difficult? Thanks.

#19 ·
smoke ball said:
Would someone please post who set the targets for the main? The setters are such an important part of our game and usually they are not mentioned in the promotion of an event. It would also be interesting to hear a description of the rabbue on yellow #5 that Anthony mentioned. What made it especially difficult? Thanks.
If I remember correctly, it was a true pair, std. going right to left and a rabbue going left to right and falling fast at about 40-45 yds. Not real unusual for this shoot, but hell, anything can happen as we all know. You couldn't dilly/dally with the first bird, times a wasting.

#26 ·
DKW1 said:
What is the point of a rabbue ?
It is just a curveball target that setters can mix in to add some trickery. They take some getting used to as they are a little deceptive and trick the senses.

One of my main clubs has 2-3 machines they have converted to throw them so we see them quite often in our monthly tournaments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.