CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dura-Touch durability?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:44 pm 
Crown Grade

Do any Browning or Winchester owners have current production guns with the Dura-Touch finish? How does the finish hold up with use? Any problems with it?

I've been looking at a Winchester SuperX2 Signature Red Sporting, and I was curious how the Dura-Touch finish would age.

Post subject: Re: Dura-Touch durability?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:04 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'm wondering how durable the red fleck painted finish is on the SX-2 Signature II . quadcab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 pm 
Crown Grade

quadcab wrote:
I'm wondering how durable the red fleck painted finish is on the SX-2 Signature II . quadcab

The SX2 SigII has a painted stock (black metallic flake paint), and a red anodized receiver. The anodization should be no different than any other alloy receiver gun - they just use red instead of black. The Sig Red has a black anodized receiver with a red painted stock covered in a clear coat of Dura-Touch.

I actually handled both the Sig Red and SigII side by side this past weekend. The gloss finish on the SigII reminded me of a bowling ball. Other than their color schemes, the biggest difference is rib profile. The SigII has a lower, more conventional rib.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:42 pm 

I've had my Gold with Dura-Touch for over a year now. I don't have any wear on my gun. It's my waterfowling gun and see some rough treatment. It gets knocked around in the blind, dragger thru thick brush while slinged over myshoulder and in and out of an Avery floating case. I don't know what it will look like in 20 years from now but, so far so good. My buddy just bought a Gold light 10. He has one little spot on the forearm that is the size of a #2 pellet that has worn down to the black. On this gun there is a sharp ridge that runs the length of the forearm. Towards the front it comes to almost a point. That is where the spot is.
It's great for waterfowling. It keeps a sure grip even with wet gloves on. I like it so much that when it's available to the aftermarket I'll have some other guns dipped.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

I'm sorry. What I intended to ask was how durable is the black flake painted stock on the Signature II. Regards, quadcab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:45 pm 
Crown Grade

quadcab wrote:
I'm sorry. What I intended to ask was how durable is the black flake painted stock on the Signature II. Regards, quadcab

That's a good question. For lack of a better term, I thought the Sig II stock finish felt like an acrylic finish on a bowling ball. I'm guessing it would hold up well, but possibly be prone to chipping?