Shotgun Forum banner

breda-brescia help

22K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dks 
#1 ·
I have a Breda-Brescia 12 ga. model 710 magnum, made in Italy. That is all that I can find out about the gun. But, that is olny because it is printed on the barrel. The gun is semi automatic with safty on switch on the right side, single shot option lever on the left side. Barrel recoil. Serial number 51846. 28"barrel. The choke screws on the outside of the barrel. Making the barrel 29 1/2 inches and the whole gun 49 1/2 inches long. I have spent many hours on the internet, and talking to many people with no answers. If you can tell me anything about this gun, or tell who to talk to i would really appriciate it.

G
#3 ·
Ola ,

Have the same problem: Have a O/U schotgun gauge 12 choke * and ** ... he looks Old and U can see on the triggers that he is , he hase two fine triggers as an old SxS.
The discriptions that i found at the barrels and the bascule:
-Breda B.4
-Acclaio compresso extra speciale
-Bruno Castella
-Gardone V.T. Italy
-FINITO StarMark
-61195 = ?
-10919 = Serial (each pieces hase this number)

Now I need some screws One left and one right(plates) also one little under from the triggercap. The screws normaly have a small 'gravure'.... But I dunno where i can find orginals, also I dunno what's the Type of my gun and the year that he was build...Is it a Breda or a Bruno Castella or a Castellani ....? Can someone help me with this ... ?

#4 ·
I have a 12 ga semi auto Breda made in Brescia Italy.
The action has been called a Browning long action and I've heard the term "floating barrel" and "recoil barrel"
Good quality gun. The safety that you noted on the right side can be flipped to operate on the left side...I think.
Be careful when switching between mag and standard load. My Breda has a brass compression ring on the spring action that has to be reversed when shooting Magnums. If you don't then each firing ejects one shell out, loads another and sends a third shell straight out of the tube magazine onto the ground.
Dave

#5 ·
for Castella

Breda B.4
Most probably made by castella with the barells bought from Breda
-Acclaio compresso extra speciale
Possibly meaning fancy steel... doesn really mean much

-Bruno Castella
-Gardone V.T. Italy
Made in italy in the gardone area
-FINITO StarMark
Theare should be a PSF STAR NEARBY.. if there is one star with PSF then normal pressure, two star magnum pressure

If however the gun was made before 1962 no magnum testing was done anyway.
-61195 = ?
-10919 = Serial (each pieces hase this number

As for the date look fro any Roman numerals on the gun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.