Shotgun Forum banner

Ithaca SKB Century Trap Model 700

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  copterdrvr 
#1 ·
I know this weapon isn't being manufactured by SKB anymore and thus parts are unavailable. What is the general consensus of opinion however of this trap gun. :lol:

#4 ·
May I respectfully disagree that a shotgun is not a weapon. Not looking to start anything here. But the moment one forgets that these shotguns are weapons, the odds of a tragic gun accident go up tremendously.

I would also hazard a guess that many military and law enforcement types would argue that shotguns are weapons as well. Frank Woolner, one of my favorite old authors, and WWII vet who saw combat, made this arguement quite forcefully.

#5 ·
Grousen: I didn't say a shotgun was not a Weapon ( although most aren't), I said an SKB Century wasn't a weapon.. Who knows more about word definition than Webster. "Weapon:An instrument of any kind, used for fighting" Also referring to sporting guns as"weapons" is only fuel for the anti gun group.. Do you know of anyone who goes out and buys a $700 single trap to kill someone with.. I don't think so.. Bushrod

#6 ·
Hey guys,
My apologies. I should have referred to it as a shotgun not weapon. I would really like to know the history behind this trap gun. When were they first introduced for the US market by SKB for Ithaca. When did production stop. How many were manufactured and is this trap gun considered ' collectable'. The one I recently acquired was mfg'd in early 1974 and came to me in the original box with the company test pattern sheet still inside along with warrenty card etc. The gun has never been fired and is pristine. The wood is terrific. I thinking I may not shoot it if it's worth keeping as an investment. Any thoughts?
:roll:

#8 ·
did SKB make a set of double barrels for the Century Trap Model or is the receiver just built to fit a single barrel? I'm betting it's the later. Would be nice though if you could pick up a set of o/u barrels for this.
thanks guys for your info :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.