Shotgun Forum banner

Shotgun mount on AR-15

16K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jenkinsslump 
#1 ·
are there any mounts that let you put a shotgun under the barrel of a ar-15.

thanks

#5 ·
On a slightly related note, the company Crossfire (no longer around) made a pump action rifle/shotgun called the MK I. It was a 12 gauge over a .223. The shotgun was tube fed and the rifle took M16 magazines. This is probably not what you're looking for, but if you want to see pictures there are currently two for sale at auctionarms.com.

#14 ·
As was stated above there were mounts for sale about 10 or 15 years ago that would mount an 870 or 500 under an AR15. I'm sure someone still has them sitting on the shelf.

If you watch the movie Predator, the Indian Tracker Billy has an M16 with a shotgun mounted underit, just like in the picture above except it's a full sized m16 and 18in barreled shotgun.

As long as you don't have a barrel shorter then 18in on the shotgun then there's no legal problem with this set up that I've ever heard of.

G
#15 ·
John3200 said:
As long as you don't have a barrel shorter then 18in on the shotgun then there's no legal problem with this set up that I've ever heard of.
Actually, since the shotgun is a different registered firearm, the overall length of the shotgun inself must be a minimum of, I believe, 26" overall, with a minimum barrel length of 18", unless you're doing an AOW or SBS with the appropriate fees and paperwork. That would not include any part of the M4/AR host weapon.

Food for thought.

Besides, having shot a real KAC Masterkey, it's a heavy bugger to lug...... kinda like a 203....... It's definitely a specialized system.

G
#16 ·
John3200 said:
Actually, since the shotgun is a different registered firearm, the overall length of the shotgun inself must be a minimum of, I believe, 26" overall, with a minimum barrel length of 18", unless you're doing an AOW or SBS with the appropriate fees and paperwork. That would not include any part of the M4/AR host weapon.

Food for thought.

Besides, having shot a real KAC Masterkey, it's a heavy bugger to lug...... kinda like a 203 (except heavier)....... It's definitely a specialized system.

#17 ·
From my limited understanding, the 1800 bucks comes with the mount and the shotgun, because the shotgun only has a 10 inch barrel and only holds three rounds. dont ank me how it is legal, but i would guess that the short shotgun is classified maybe in the same category as the serbu super shorty. i held my 870 under my ar-15 and unless the 870 was chopped quite a bit, there is no way it would really fit under there, and if it did, it would surely fit javvens definition of an ugly gun :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.