CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RANGER SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

hi guys i need help , i just brought a shotgun sight unseen for $10.00 the old people just wanted to get rid of it been in closet for over 15 years and forgotten about.
it turned out to be a RANGER REPEATING SHOTGUN 12 ga.full choke browning patentproof tested, circle with 5 in it ,letter B stamped near trigger guard, what i would call a double hump,
serial no.72648, it is a pump , has a small square about 1/2 inch on top of receiver what is its purpose.safety in front of trigger.

when, where,who, how much could this be worth, gun shape not to good a lot of use ?
thanks in advance for any help, do they still make replacement parts for this make of gun?
thanks again errol hunter

Post subject: Re: RANGER SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Does it look like the one at this web site www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=49368054 If so it is a Sears or Wards version of this gun and would be a takedown model. The 1/2" square in the top of the receiver is part of the bolt lock-up. As for price, condition is a big factor as is which version of this model. Such as riot model, plain barrel, solid rib barrel, etc. could be $12.00 to $1000.00, but more like $75.00 to $150.00 in good shootable condition.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:33 am 
Tournament Grade

hi iwoodbutcher, thanks for the help, the gun you mention is not exactly like mine put it is about the same 90% the stevens version is different it has a lot more screws in receiver and the safety has a little different shape
mine has not been redone and is in better shape than the one auction.
i have a lot of the blueing still on mine.
is there a release button to open chamber or is that the square hole on top?
i have no patent date on mine any way to tell when it was made?

not a ribbed barrel
over all length 48 1/2 in. barrel is about 29 1/4 to receiver.
what is take down and riot

i have not shot it yet ,going to take to gunsmith first for safety check just to be on the safe side.
thanks for all the help again i just don't know what i would do without the best website on the internet.

i bought the gun site unseen for $10.00 i figured i would get a junker or a wall hanger all i was told was it was a 12 gauge shotgun
errol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hi errolhunter,
check out the pics here at gunbroker, www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=49794337 ,
I think these may look more like your gun as these are a few years newer than the other one. This one has the safety on the top tang but some had them in the trigger. as you can see in the pics the barrel will slide out he bottom of the receiver if unlocked and released correctly. The release for the pump action is located on the left side of the receiver at the rear of the trigger gaurd. You can go to www.gunbroker.com and do a search for "520" and you will get several version to click on and look at, such as field grade, riot, trench model, etc.

Hope this helps,
iwoodbutcher