CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: kahn shotguns?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:17 pm 
Limited Edition

Looking for info on the guns themselves, reliability problems, how well they are put together blah, blah. I would imagine that customer service would be a bit of a problem. If anyone has any experience long term or short, I would love to hear it. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: kahn shotguns?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:30 pm 
Ornithology Expert

When considering a gun from such a name ask yourself "Would I buy and drive Daewoo or a Daihatsu?" Probably not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:54 pm 
Field Grade

That is a great analogy and a good point.

Sportingclays.net has a good sized thread about Kahn shotguns on their forum I think this website has a link to kahn firearms but I believe the last time I checked it was under constrcution. Imagine their parts department.

brent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:08 pm 
I'm not an expert on shotguns, but my Khan 12 gage O/U Arthemis has been flawless. I don't believe you can do better for the money.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:46 pm 
Diamond Grade

Ehh... what would you say about the company if the website were elaborate and perfectly functional?

OK... cool a shotgun company run by computer geeks... or at least one that can afford to employ lots of them?

I don't know. If my gunsmith couldn't run his own website it wouldn't worry me. At the budget Khan's shotguns can be had within... it doesn't worry me....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:47 pm 
Field Grade

Ehh... what would you say about the company if the website were elaborate and perfectly functional?

I'd say "Sure am glad that I can find enough information about my firearm that I can make an educated guess off this website, and i'm glad I could get these parts before the season ends."

don't know. If my gunsmith couldn't run his own website it wouldn't worry me. At the budget Khan's shotguns can be had within... it doesn't worry me....

You wouldn't go to your gunsmith if you couldn't find him and if he didn't provide you with good service in a timely manner or if you didn't think he was creditable.

If we could take all the time people spend looking at gun websites and utilize it otherwise we could change a social ill. I know that minimally in a website I want to see who and where you are what you have to offer and how your going to warrant your product. If you can't do that on the net it would seem to be asking for trouble in real life.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:30 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

MarkW,

I understand that Kahn O/U's come with 5 chokes, can you tell me which ones they come with. Been eyeing one at Big 5...just waiting for them to go on sell again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:44 pm 
Limited Edition

Thanks MarkW. It was nice to hear from someone who has actually spent some time behind one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:33 am 
Field Grade

I thought this post was interesting. I found it in this forum in Fausti Over and Under. The User name is mallard

I work for Big 5, large sporting goods chain (over 300 stores). I the past 4 years, the two stores where I have worked, we got back (as in a customer return) about 7 of these guns. Most of the problems were one barrel not firing and one gun we could not open. My store manager does not like to order them as returns (especially the over $300. returns) are not something management likes to see happen. We also are seeing a higher than normal return on the Khan o/u's for the same reason. Little or no problems with Remington or Mossberg.
If I were buying a o/u, it would not be a low grade gun as we see too many problems.Back to top

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

good2go,
I bought a 20 gauge for my son about 2 months ago. We have about 500 rounds through it and have not had any problems with it. The chokes that it comes with are Full, Mod, Imp Cyl (not sure about this one, may be imp mod), Skeet1 and cylinder bore. I mess around with all kinds of shotguns in regard to stocking them and I have had this one apart and is very well made even if the price was much higher. I am going to buy another in .410. The local shop where I bought mine have had no problems whatsoever with the 15 or so they have sold. BTW, our local Big Five had a "sale" at $399, regular price was $499, the shop where I got mine is selling them regularly for $379. They are imported by Century arms.

Pumper, I know you are a big 870 fan and I actually like them also and have owned a few. I would take one of these over an 870 any day of the week. The difference in my opinion is that I have experience with both of them and not just going on name recognition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:51 pm 
Limited Edition

customstox,

Thanks for the info. I'll nose around my side of the hill a bit more. If I can't find one to play with I'll get ahold of you and find out where that store is.

I may want to pick your brain about some good quail/chucher spots on that side also. I plan on spending alot of time over there with the new pup this year. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:30 pm 
good2go,
Sorry, I didnt see your location. It is One Shot Firearms, ask for Dave Quick, tell him I sent you. They have a web site I believe, great guy to deal with. They always have a coffee pot on and cookies to dunk. On Monday, one of the part time guys, Jack, brings one of his moms increddible pans of fat pills in for munchies. The store is in Wenatchee on Chelan street, straight across from the old police department.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

good2go,
"guest" was me btw, forgot to log in. If you get over this way and want to try one, give me a call and we can go blow some smoke through my sons 20 and you can get a feel for them if you like.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Customstox, sounds great. I may just take you up on that after the weather clears. I'm BBQing brats in shorts and slippers down hear at sea level right now and freazing my nuggets off. I can't imagine what you are getting. Stay warm and thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:52 pm 
Limited Edition

Got a look at a 12 and a 20 today (499 big 5) and thought they were put together pretty well. I think I'll have to give your buddy a call. The drive will be worth the price difference. I'll most likely go with the 12 for the all around beat around gun. Next thing I'll do is save for a good 20/28 ga set. Franchi mabye.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

I bought a Khan Arthemis 20 back in September and now have over 1000 shells through it. When I first got it one choke was stuck, once I got it broke loose the gun has been flawless. I can't say so much for my shooting though. The 20 only weighs a hair over 6 pounds which makes it a great upland bird gun, and if you scratch it "So What". I've shot my brothers Citori and my Arthemis, and personally I like the Arthemis better the throw to the shoulder is absolutely perfect for me and I can carry it all day without getting fatigued. I have yet to hear from a single owner anything negative about this gun. I've heard others saying junk about a friend of a friend had one that was junk but I've never heard it from that friend of a friend. Of course those saying that have the money to buy a $1200 gun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:52 pm 
mapanggulo wrote:
MarkW,

I understand that Kahn O/U's come with 5 chokes, can you tell me which ones they come with. Been eyeing one at Big 5...just waiting for them to go on sell again.

Gladly...They come with cyl., imp. cyl., mod., imp. mod., and full choke.
I'm not familiar with the store you and many others have mentioned on this website. I'm located in lower Michigan and we have Dunham's discount sporting good stores. They routinely have the Khan 12 gage o/u on sale at $299.99.
You may like to know that over the holiday break I bagged a number of pheasant (at a pheasant farm, but still). The gun as always performed extremely well, and not to brag, but the sporting clays event after the hunt was won by yours truly. The gun lifts well, has nice fit and finish for a $300.00 gun and is relatively light to carry through the field. I love it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:45 pm 
Limited Edition

Where can I find one for $300. I have seen them only once at a gun show and they were $375 or $425 I can't remember which. At $300 I would like to pick up a 20 ga.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:12 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Chef,
I sure have not seen them for that. I have an FFL and the dealer price for them is over $300 now. Some of the chains may get a break with big quantities but $300 sounds a little too good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:50 pm 
Customstox wrote:
Chef,
I sure have not seen them for that. I have an FFL and the dealer price for them is over $300 now. Some of the chains may get a break with big quantities but $300 sounds a little too good.

Judging by the comments, I'm really really feeling good about my Arthemis. I can tell you I most assuredly paid $300.00 for my Khan 12 gage o/u Arthemis model 12. As mentioned, I'm in the lower Michigan area and the store was Dunham's Discount Sporting Goods. I wonder if it's possible for someone not in the area to order, purchase, or otherwise get the gun from this chain of stores. I'm sure Dunham's has a website and a phone number. You may want to contact them.