CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:07 am 
Field Grade

I am thinking of buying one and would love to get some feedback from anyone who owns one or has had the pleasure of shooting one.

Thank you!!

Post subject: re: Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III Sporting
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:43 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

SpIII, SPIII, White Onyx..... they are the same gun with different dresses on. The 68x series guns are a proven preformer and I like them. I have not been able to justify the price differences for "engraving". By finding the White Onyx with great wood I saved a bunch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:58 am 
Diamond Grade

GS, I have an older model S687 EL Gold Pigeon Sporting that I really like. It swings and tracks targets very smoothly and has a nice wide rib which I really like. I cant think of much of anything I dont like about that gun! Shot some good scores in the 90's with it! Regards CTS :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:20 pm 
Utility Grade

I see and shoot alot of sporting guns being in the business. I recently purchased 687 SPIII with 32" barrels. What a great sporting gun, shoots dead on, feels great, very smooth. A great gun for the money. Good luck, Bob.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:41 pm 
Presentation Grade

I am sure I am the minority, but I find the SP sporting guns too heavy and chunky feeling. I prefer my guns lighter and trimmer, so if it were me I would be looking at the field version, not the sporting version.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

newlyn,

Have you picked up one with Optima barrels on it yet? Not very clunky to me. I even had to get 32" barrels.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

I agree with Rem396.
I'm currently awaiting my own 686 White Onyx to arrive. I test shot about 30 different guns while researching which fit me the best.
The Beretta 68x series was the best fitting which made all the difference in feel and swing. Recoil was very managable compared to some other popular brands I shot.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:44 am 
Field Grade

Thank you all for your input!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have a SP111 sporter, I've had it a couple of years now and really like the gun. It is very well made, has lovely wood and shoots very nicely. I went for 28" bls as I dont shoot a lot of clays. I would definately recommend them to anyone.

Leeboy