Shotgun Forum banner

Pederson 1500 O/U

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  copterdrvr 
#1 ·
ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUN? If you do and could post a link where I could find more info it would be much appreciated.....

Thanks

#2 ·
They were a fairly good shotgun, better than the average O/U in it's day. It was marketed by O. F. Mossberg way back when. Some folks consider them as collectible, I guess they could be, if you wanted to start collecting them. You don't see too many arround, and I suspect for 2 reasons, they didn't make a lot of them, and from what I hear, the folks that still have them, like them. I've seen a few on occasion on a table at a gun show. I've no idea about a web site for any information, but you could look on gunbroker or similar. Now that you know about the Mossberg thing maybe a search on that would produce something? The Fjsted Blue Book probably will have some information. Maybe an old Gun Digest would give some very limited information too?

'Bout all I know about them.

BP

#4 ·
I have one with 28" barrels and a non-selective trigger. The 1500 was basically a Perazzi copy and is the grandfather to the Keman KM-4 as well as a dead ringer of the AYA MD-2.

One of the older guys I shoot with had a few in the 70's that he shot pigeons with and according to him Perazzi parts could be fitted without to much problem when something broke or wore out.

I like the way mine points and swings. The wood is shaped well, the checkering decent, and the grain has nice contrast as well as layout for a strong stock.

These guns were built by the Aramberri company but unfortunately there's very little info out there. I read in Spanish Best that one of the actioners in one of the current Spanish high end builders is an Aramberri.

One thing is that if you get the 1500 and ever decide to get the barrels reblued they are soft soldered and require the slow rust process. I learned this the expensive way a few years ago :roll:

I hope this helps.

Parris George

#6 ·
The Pederson double shotgun was a truly fine gun, sold by Mossberg for only a few years in the 1970's. I'll bet it's a sleeper, and you can buy a gun that would cost ten thousand bucks to replace brand new for peanuts. If it's priced in the hundreds and not thousands I'd buy it and find out all about it later. :D

#7 ·
What Parris said. Below is a link from shotgunworld concerning the Spanish manufacturer.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=2260

I bought mine in the early 70's while stationed overseas. It's a 12 ga. 26 inch with imp. cyl and modified chokes. It's also for sale as I shoot 20 and 28 ga. guns for upland game now.

Mine has extended forcing cones and a highly polished bore and probably less than 5 boxes of shells through it.

Copterdrvr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.