Shotgun Forum banner

Utica Fire Arms Co

7K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  natty bumpo 
#1 ·
I have an old SxS shotgun and the only marking I can find is Utica Fire Arms Co. I believe it was made by Crescent Firearms but I am not sure. Can anyone help? I would also like to know where I can get parts for it.

#3 ·
The 1890 patent was issued to Sullivan Forehand of Forend Arms Co. The 1897 patent was issued to W H Davenport of Davenport Arms Co. Both of these companys we absorbed by The Hopkins & allen Arms Co, Forehand in 1902 and Davenport in 1909.. I believe the Utica Firearms guns were made by Hopkins & Allen.. Is your gun hammerless or exposed hamme, Sidelock or boxlock.. Bushrod

#9 ·
Bushrod, I believe you are correct after looking at the parts diagram at Numrich gun parts. Now for the next question, does anyone know where I can find an exploded view of this receiver so I can figure exactly what parts I need to complete it. The parts diagram does not show how the parts are assembled in the receiver. thanks.

#11 ·
The Hopkins & Allen Co is a very early company, dating back to 1867 and lasting to 1917.. Over the years H & A absorbed a lot of smaller makers and patents. Most notably Forehand Arms and Davenport Arms.. From 1900 to 1910 H & A were producing 13 different double guns, sidelocks and boxlocks, both hammered and hammerless.. Most H & A doubles encountered today are Sidelocks. Your gun is a boxlock and strongly resembles the Forehand Patent...I'm afraid you may be on a fools errand in trying to rebuild this gun, You don't mention sentimentality... Bushrod

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.