CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 410 shotgun Info
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:15 am 
Utility Grade

My father just gave this gun to me stated it was his great grandmothers. I am not really intrested in worth, just intrested in a year produced and who made it.

It is a Western Field 410 bolt action single barrell shot gun (as I am told). On the barrell it has an "M" or "W" on top of a "W" followed by WesternField.... Model M150D 410 GA 3INCH CHAMBER.....Made in USA. I have never owned a gun, or know much about guns. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: re: 410 shotgun Info
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:10 pm 
Presentation Grade

if my memory serves me right it was made by mossberg for montgomery wards, the m over the w was one of their emblems.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

That's right, that shotgun is a Mossberg. I'm sure somebody here can tell you when the shotgun was made. Posting the serial number will probably help some. You could contact the National Mossberg Collectors Association. They could definitely tell you when that shotgun was made.

Here's the site...
http://www.mossbergcollectors.org/

Last edited by jds on Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:15 pm 
Diamond Grade

Welcome to SGW. Your gun is a Mossberg Model 183, I believe. Since it is a 410 bore it is likely worth a little more than a larger ga. would be but still under $100 unless it is in outstanding condition. These were made between 1948-1985. I know a lot of squirrel hunters who grew up hunting with these, and many of them are still being used today. Since it is a family heirloom, it is something to pass on down to future generations.