CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester model 1001
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:30 am 
Utility Grade

Back in 1994 I purchased a new O/U, it was a 12 ga Winchester model 1001 sporting clays model made in Italy. I paid around $1100.00, It fit me perfectly and I thought it was a beautiful gun. Only one week after buying this shotgun I was in a sporting goods store and the salesman told me Winchester just sent them a notice that all of the Model 1001 Winchesters were recalled. I called my dealer where I bought the gun and he confirmed this. To make a long story short I received a full refund from Winchester, but they would not tell me why the recall, only that the gun was deemed unsafe. well today while going through some old boxes I came across a few screw in choke tubes that came with that gun, they are marked win-Plus and seem the fit my Browning B325 that I bought to replace the recalled winchester. I got to wondering if the problem that caused the recall was ever released to the public and would these choke tubes be useable in the Browning.