Shotgun Forum banner

410 Shotgun

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bluedsteel 
#1 ·
What are the options for .410 shotguns made in Europe or USA under $1000. The type of shotgun I would want is Over Under, Side by Side or Semi Auto. Any information or opinions would help.

Thanks

#2 ·
You going new or used? What are you going to use the gun for mostly....hunting or targets?

The Remington 1100 is still available in a semi...

I've looked at one O/U in that price range that I liked....was a Verona....don't remember the model number. Had nice wood and fit me well.

You may find a bargain in the used rack for a O/U or SxS if you're patient. Beware of the Turkish made guns at the low pricepoint......you usually get what you pay for with them.

#3 ·
Seaark1660, I will be using the gun mostly for hunting and probably want new. Remington now only makes the Sporting Clays model in .410 and it is close to the price range of an over/under. Are there any semi auto .410s made now other than the Remington?

Thanks

#4 ·
Savage: I bought a CZ/Huglu Bobwhite side by side in .410 last week, and got it to the range today. So far, I am tickled. I have never had a shotgun fit me so well out of the box that I look only at the target without thinking about it. I only put a single box of AAHS No. 8s through it as we had other shotguns to shoot (including a 16 gauge BPS that shot very well), but look forward to many pleasant hours at the clay range and in the hills with this little wand. I paid $729 out the door for mine. Some folks have had issues with the Huglu doubles from CZ and DeHaan, but others have had nothing but wonderful service from theirs. My only previous experience with a .410 was with my grandfather's old Iver Johnsonsingle-shot "cat" gun. The CZ double is incredibly svelte.

#5 ·
There are only two semi-autos in .410 currently being produced. The Remington 1100 Sporting is one. It would probably make pretty decent field gun, if you don't mind getting that pretty wood all scratched up. The other is the Saiga semi-auto, but some people are put off by its paramilitary appearance. Would you mind hunting with a shotgun that looks like an AK-47? If not, check out the Saiga.

If you're willing to consider a pump, you have a few more options: Remington Wingmaster LW, Browning BPS, Mossberg 500E, in descending order of price.

There doesn't seem to be much middle ground in the O/U and SxS guns. The cheaper ones reportedly have problems, and the expensive ones are... expensive. That said, I haven't heard too many complaints about the Baikal double guns, now imported by Remington as their Spartan line.

#8 ·
Wow bluedsteel, that's one good-looking little shotgun! I found one on GunBroker, but it's a sideplate model (Gold Hunter?) and they were asking $1399. The shipping charge was $60!! (shamelss merchandising, IMHO). There's also one on GunsAmerica, same model for $1250 and a much more reasonable $25 shipping charge. What have you seen boxlock models like yours go for?

#12 ·
bluedsteel said:
MWC;

Holy mackeral...now why did you rip the stock off a perfectly good Beretta SO3EELL and place it on your Verona?

bluedsteel
The other side of the stock is very ordinary... but hey, for the price, you can't go wrong. A buddy of mine bought it at GM on clearance a couple of years ago and just never shot it. It swings quite nice and breaks clays as far as I ever thought a 410 would. I took it out dove hunting this fall and took a few with it.... it was fun, but I like the 28 gauge alot better. When I get the die set for 410 for my Spolar and start reloading, I'll probably shoot it alot more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.