CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MCS Forend
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:33 pm 
Utility Grade

Hellow Forum Members. I have a question about a mod I would like to do to my shotgun. I have a Remington 870 HD model with a 2 shot extention. After seeing the MCS forend on the forum I wanted to get one. I looked up the part numbers that were listed here and called Remington. They asked me what model I had and I told them, then told them what I wanted and the operator said " That will not work on your shotgun", I was told I would be wasting my money because "it would never work". What I need to know is if this is true, if so is there a way around it or do I just forget it? Please any help or info would be great!

Thank You,

SNAFU1

Post subject: re: MCS Forend
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:29 am 
Tournament Grade

I'm no expert, but I think we're gonna need a bit more info about exactly what you've got for a shotgun, man. The 2-shot extension doesn't mean anything when you're talking fore ends on an 870. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:25 am 
Crown Grade

Do a search on MCS and look for post by 870pilot. There are pictures of his 870with a MCS fore-end here somewhere.
I have a MCS unit laying in my tool box now, but I haven't tried to put it on anything yet.. I will put it on my 870P later today and post a picture

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:23 am 
Field Grade

Heres mine:

Slight modification on the action bar was needed. I had to grind off one of the tabs so that the slide block/bolt would fit on it correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 am 
Utility Grade

Graindog, all I can tell you is that my shoty is bone stock from Remington. It is a Home Defense model(HD) 870 uses 2 3/4 or 3 inch shells. What I remember from the call to Remington was that the tube was different or something like that. I got all the part numbers and names from the post by 870pilot. Is there a difference between Reminton Shotguns? I will try to post a picture if that will help, but I dont know what else to say. I just dont want to spend money on parts and then have to send it back. Thank you all for the help and info so far.

SNAFU1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:19 am 
Crown Grade

Snafu...

Here are the pics for you... funny, i recall reading a thread that one of the members tried to get the MCS and was told that the item was discontinued/for sale to LEO only, so the fact that they are willing to sell the part is good news.

One image shows the difference between the MCS fore-end, one shows the Tri-Rail unit i used to “take up the space” on the mag tube when using the MCS, and the other shows a close-up.

It worked well on my basic 870!

"It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. That's what it's all about, when everyone else is huddled around the campfire somebody has to go out in the dark and fight." –Reverend Db

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

Here are the 'standard' forend and the 'MCS' forend, side by side.

What the fine folks at Remington MIGHT be saying is that the MCS forend (grip/handle) won't work with the 'standard' tube assembly.
Note that the forend tube assembly is much shorter than the 'standard' 870 forend tube assembly.

Here is the part numbers for the MCS forend and tube assembly, and the forend nut:

#301186 870 FORE END 12 GA SP SYN BLACK (MCS) $34.00
#301113 FOREND TUBE ASSY – MCS 12 ga $33.60
#18634 870 FORE END TUBE NUT 12 GA $6.70
All of these parts are visible in the photo of the MCS forend assembly.

These parts DO work on all of my numerous Remington 870 shotguns.

IHTH,

Keith

"The path we have chosen for the present is full of hazards, as all paths are. The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission." JFK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:36 pm 
Crown Grade

I just installed the MCS fore-end on my 870P, it fit with no problems. (No pictures, dead batteries). It may not fit some older guns without some modifications. Remington has changed the action arms on the fore-end tube at sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you all for the help and I will be ordering the MCS parts Thursday. When I get all the addons put on her I will post some pictures now that I have a camera.

Thank You

SNAFU1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:51 am 
Crown Grade

cool, snafu... looking forward to the pics, i've shared that tri-rail piece with a lot of people 8) brownells rules!

"It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. That's what it's all about, when everyone else is huddled around the campfire somebody has to go out in the dark and fight." –Reverend Db

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but is the quick change stock piece available seperately as well?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:04 am 
Tournament Grade

Are all those parts required to make the MCS forearm
fit on a 870 with extented mag tube?
rigger 7

Post subject: Re: MCS Forend
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 pm 
Presentation Grade

Can someone please post some pictures up of the MCS forend installed.

Post subject: Re: MCS Forend
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 am 
Crown Grade

Here are a couple pictures that I have found: