CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning B2000 for sporting clays, trap, skeet?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:29 am 
Utility Grade

Hello, I just picked up a really nice Browning B2000, I was thinking of using it for sporting clays, trap & skeet, does anyone have any opinions of this gun for this purpose. It is a 12 gauge, 2 3/4", 28" modified vent rib barrel. I curently shoot a Beretta 686 Onyx for Sporting clays, I thought this would be a great back up gun to have on my shooting cart, again, any opinions on this gun would be appreciated.

Big_Roy

Post subject: Re: Browning B2000 for sporting clays, trap, skeet?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:10 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Personally, I have no experience with the Browning B2000 to make a educated comment about it's ability and practicality in the field of clay shooting that you are going to be doing.
All I can say is does it shoot to the point of aim, does it fit you well. Are you satisfied with it's performance. If you can say "Yes" to those answers, I would say go for it!
I really don't care what anyone say's about any gun that I have. If I'm satisfied then that is all that counts.

Have fun and enjoy your shotgun :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:03 am 
Limited Edition

The only comment I would make it that your modified choke barrel puts you at a disadvantage on the skeet field. If you shoot the gun and it fits well and you like the way it shoots you might want to invest in a choke tube barrel for it. It would give you added flexibility when switching from game to game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:29 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Do a search on this web site for "B2000". You will find quite a bit of discussion about the Browning B2000. Warning: I think that Stoeger also makes a gun called the 2000, so don't get the discussions confused. I'm sure that if you saw the guns together, that you wouldn't get them confused. :lol: The Browning B2000 is a well made gun.