CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Silver King" single shot???
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:41 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi, experts!

My wife picked up a shotgun for me at an auction, and I have not even been close to identifying it. Hoping you can help.

It has the following markings: 1) "Silver King" on left side of receiver. 2) "12" on underside of barrel near foregrip. 3) Patent dates ending in March 02 on right side of receiver. 4) "Model 1866" on chamber. Also has a "key" that protrudes 3/4" from right side of receiver, looks like it could be the barrel lock.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: re: "Silver King" single shot???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:23 pm 
Utility Grade

OK, it appears, from the last patent date (May 27, 02) to be a Davenport. I know they made shotguns from 1891 to 1910. Anybody got any more info?

Post subject: re: "Silver King" single shot???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:48 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

There's really not much to tell about these old single guns. Davenport was bought out by Hopkins and Allen.. H & A went belly up on 1917 and I believe Marlin Bought herir assets. Your gun was likely made for a certain hardware or sporting goods dealer.. Very few of the old singles are collectable and most are worth $50 to $100 dpending on condition.. Bushrod