CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aya MD2 over/under questions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:59 pm 
Utility Grade

Dear Forum:

I am considering (to order) an Aya MD2 over/under shotgun. I will be using this for trap/skeet over the summers (for practice), then for waterfowl/small game during the hunting season.

My questions are:
1. Are the Aya over/unders worth it?
2. Are they reliable?
3. The dealer I wish to order this gun from, does not recommend steel shot in Aya (I am ordering with Briley chokes). Is this going to damage this gun? What about Bismuth or Tungsten-Matrix?

I can't seem to find much information on their O/U guns...I have heard though they are not known for their O/U and are not imported often.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: re: Aya MD2 over/under questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:52 pm 
Presentation Grade

I believe the price point is very close to a Perazzi. If that's the case don't bother with the AyA. Buy the Perazzi.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:24 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have a Pedersen/Aramberri from the early 70's that looks identical to the AyA MD series (AyA bought the assets of Aramberri in the early 80's). I don't think you'll find another O/U that looks as elegant or has better subjective "feel" than these guns. The actions and monoblock of my gun are clones (or at least very similar) of the Perazzi MT-6. The AyA parts diagram shows coil hammer springs in the MD but everything else looks the same. Worth the price? Squareload said it best. Reliable? I don't think there are enough in the US to give a good answer. If you shoot a lot all guns will need a part from time to time. How fast can AyA get you up and running after a problem?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the replies jeff and square.

I've also been looking at the German made Blaser F3 Game.

Hopefully I'll be able to take a look at some of these guns on my next trip to the mainland states, as here in Hawaii, no one carries any of them.

Post subject: Re: Aya MD2 over/under questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Are these guns (Aya MD's) made by Aya, or are the produced at some other place (Kemen?)?

Greetings, Johannes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:38 pm 
Utility Grade

Last time I spoke with Iñigo López (2008), manager of AYA, he said that they were not making MD2s anymore unless there was an order for ten or more. Seemingly they found competition with Kemen and Perazzi too tough and the SxS market was already their historical niche. Their current Catalog shows only three O/Us, the Excelsior, A37 and Augusta.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:36 am 
Field Grade

I love the spanish s/s but for what you want a Perrazi is a whole LOT better, my clay
O/U is a Perrazi and I put 200 cartridges a week though it all year round, no probs in
4 years so far