CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

MakZ Slugs

Post subject: slug barrel for 20ga. Charles daly?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:01 am 
Field Grade

My wife uses a 20ga. Charles Daly and I am trying to find a rifled slug barrel for it, but I don't think they make one. Is there one and if not what about a rifled tube? What kind of accuracy/range can be expected from a rifled tube? Is it even worth using the tube or should I just go with a smoothbore barrle?

Post subject: re: slug barrel for 20ga. Charles daly?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:59 am 
Presentation Grade

Charles Daly doesn't make any guns, they have other companies build the guns and then put their name on it. :D

There have been so many, you will have to identify the make model, who made it and if the company produced the same gun as another make/model.

Then contact Charles Daly to see if they offer or offered one for that gun. Either they will be able to sell you one, or let you know if they ever did.

If they are not able to sell you one, then check the various auction sites. The final option is to have a gunsmith add rifle sights to the barrel, but that won't help you with the rifled part.

When it is all said and done, I think that you will spend about the same amount buying a 20ga H&R ultra or Tracker II.

As far as accuracy, a rifled barrel will be more accurate, and have more downrange energy. But slugs for rifled barrels will cost more. Effective range is more dependant on shooter skill.

Feel free to stick around and read some of the many topics around 20ga slugs.

Post subject: re: slug barrel for 20ga. Charles daly?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:26 pm 
Utility Grade

I was amased at how well the screw in rifled tube worked in my 12ga Charles Daly. The sights Fit on the vent rib adjust up down left right . I was able to hit peice of printer paper every time at 100 yards from a sand bag rest with rem 3" 7/8 oz slugers. But I had almost ninty dollars in the tube and sights . But man they work!!!!