CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning Cynergy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:11 pm 
Diamond Grade

I'm starting to really like the clay shooting sports, and I figured that eventually I'd get one of the B guns. I have a Franchi 712 Raptor on order, but the local range has a Cynergy Euro Sporting on sale for $2100. Browning has the $500 "join the Cynergy club" stuff (hard case, soft case, range bag, hat, and $100 debit card) and the range is also throwing in $200 of free clay targets (approx 28 games of skeet).

Obviously it's a great deal and I'm tempted. I've always liked the way the Cynergy looks. It looks different (ugly, to some), and I know it's made in Japan by Miroku.

How's the long-term reliability of one of these? I know one of the reasons you buy a multi-thousand dollar over/under is because of the longevity. How easy are these to clean?

Cameron

Post subject: re: Browning Cynergy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:14 am 
Crown Grade

They are easy to clean and in the two years I have had mine there have been no problems. They have not been out that long but my personal feeling is they will last a long time with no problems.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:33 pm 
Crown Grade

I haven't had mine long so I don't have alot of rounds through it, but it seems like it will last longer then I will. I love having a Cynergy. In fact I love it so much I want a few more and might just use them exclusively for everything from clays to waterfowl. The one word thatcomes to mind that discribes the value of having something as nice as it is and handles/performs the way it does is "awesome". I'd bet if it feels good to you shouldering it then it to will put a perma smile on your face. That deal sounds good to me. I'd take before someone else does...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:13 pm 
Limited Edition

I have 2 field versions in 12 and 20 ga. Between them about 8000 rounds, no problems. The Inflex pad is the real deal. The 12 kicks less than a 28 ga SXS that I have. Good luck with your decision.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:03 pm 

Never mind the actual factors that go into the calculation of felt recoil, such as the weight of the gun--close to 9lbs for the Cynergy (at least the sporting ones) versus maybe 5.5 for the 28.

Case closed.

Kill 'em all

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:31 am 
Limited Edition

Absolutlely true, physics do not lie. Gun fit clearly could affect as well.

My field 12 is 7lbs-11, and the 20 is 6lbs-4. Both are extemely soft-shooting and softer than the admittedly light Parker Repro 28 I've compared them to (which kicks very little anyway and has no pad whatsoever). They are also much softer than any other similar or heavier guns of the same gauges that I've shot.

I guess I was just making the point by with what seemed to me to be the most interesting observation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:34 am 
Limited Edition

Before I get jumped on for my post above... I should have been clear that I'm talking about double guns. While the Cynergy is a soft-shooter, I've shot plenty of gas guns that are softer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:11 pm 
Tournament Grade

I own a Cynergy and can honestly say it is the softest recoiling over and under shotgun I have ever owned. I had a 525 and it was a great gun but the recoil from this shotgun was something I didn't care for.

Post subject: Re: re: Browning Cynergy?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

lettman wrote:
I own a Cynergy and can honestly say it is the softest recoiling over and under shotgun I have ever owned.

+1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:37 pm 
Crown Grade

make that 2+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:41 pm 
Crown Grade

lettman wrote:
I own a Cynergy and can honestly say it is the softest recoiling over and under shotgun I have ever owned.

+3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:16 pm 
Diamond Grade

Awesome, having something that's soft-shooting is definitely a plus for me. Not because I'm recoil sensitive, but if I really get into the sport I might be doing almost 1k rounds a month, and I don't want to have to sit a week out to let the ol' shoulder recover :)

One of the things that draws me to the "Three B's" is their reputation for reliability. Now I know that the Cynergy is a relatively new model for Browning, but does the reputation that Browning is known for carry over to their Miroku-made shotguns, or are we talking the Made in the USA ones only?

Cameron

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:59 am 
Crown Grade

I have 2 Cynergy and I have agree it is a soft shooting gun. So lets make the +4 and +5.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:08 am 
Crown Grade

Hey there Cameron. Browning's reputation has been built on by guns made buy Miroku. One of which is the venerable Citori line. Now after decades of Citori's we have the Cynergy. The gun is the next evolution in the Browning line up and I feel it still holds true to the reputation set forth by previous Brownings. There is guys with a greater number of rounds though their guns than I, but from what I can see I'd bet the bank it while hold up for the long haul. If your going to put about 1k through the gun a month it might as well be something that is rock solid and as a back up have a good warranty. I think the Cynergy has you covered.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:42 am 
Crown Grade

01lariat wrote:
Hey there Cameron. Browning's reputation has been built on by guns made buy Miroku. One of which is the venerable Citori line. Now after decades of Citori's we have the Cynergy. The gun is the next evolution in the Browning line up and I feel it still holds true to the reputation set forth by previous Brownings. There is guys with a greater number of rounds though their guns than I, but from what I can see I'd bet the bank it while hold up for the long haul. If your going to put about 1k through the gun a month it might as well be something that is rock solid and as a back up have a good warranty. I think the Cynergy has you covered.

I agree 100%

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:57 am 
Diamond Grade

I ended up ordering a Browning Gold Evolve in 30" barrels, 12 gauge. The Cynergy was still a little out of my price range at this point. I'd rather take the $1k I didn't spend on the gun and spend it on shells and lessons. Someday down the road I will revisit the over/under purchase, but for now, I can't wait to finally get a shotgun of my own so I can start hitting the range!

Cameron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:12 pm 
Limited Edition

Congratulations on your new gun. I haven't shot a Gold but everyone I know who has one loves it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:07 am 
Crown Grade

The Evolve looks sort of like the Cynergy with it's lines. I believe your going to like it and it will be a great starting point for you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:34 am 
Diamond Grade

Yes, that's one of the reasons I was drawn to it :)

Cameron