CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MIROKU MK38 SPORTING any comments??
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:19 am 
Field Grade

Hi guys
i have seen that gun in miroku's catalogue and seems interesting. Has anybody got one or any comments???
thanks in advance..
LKS

Post subject: re: MIROKU MK38 SPORTING any comments??
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:57 am 
Crown Grade

Lks,

There is a "I love my Miroku" forum right here on Shotgunworld.

The MK38 is not readily available in the US but in the UK it is highly popular and widely regarded as being among the very best competition guns available at any price. Many top class competitors have gone back to Miroku after trying other high grade competition guns from Italian & German makers. Miroku was making shotguns when John Moses Browning was still a boy and their modified version of the original Browning O/U design has become the Citori which Miroku builds, along with the Cynergy. The MK38 uses exactly the same mechanical design and construction as the Citori.

The difference, apart from engraving and to some extent the price, is in the options available and the handling characteristics

Robert Browning

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:00 am 
Tournament Grade

Hi LKS.

Since you live in Cyprus, you can go to Frixos Theodoulou and try out some guns to see how they fit. He is a nice guy, very helpful and very professional. I bought an MK 38 sporter last year from him and the gun has been great!

I got mine with 32" barrels, and I admit it feels too front heavy for most clay target applications, at least the ones we encounter in Greece. But I hear you guys have fitasc sporting, where the 32" would probably shine.

Oh, by the way, I haven't been very happy with the Teague choke tubes the gun came with, and I have since replaced them with Trulocks. Much better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:35 am 
Field Grade

thanks for replying

LKS