CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg 9200 Choke Tubes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:23 pm 
Field Grade

Hello
I need some help,Me and my 2 Young Sons just got into Waterfowling,,My young Son has a Mossberg 9200 and he wants an X-Factor extended and Ported Waterfowl Choke Tube in either Full or Modified,,well the Problem is this,,we have went to the Mossberg Website and looked at ALL of the Choke Tubes that Mossberg Offers,,and we didn't see a SINGLE Choke Tube for the Model 9200 :shock: What Gives :?: Did Mossberg Quit selling Choke Tubes for the 9200 :?:
ANY help or information would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :o and we LOVE this website :D
Thank you VERY Much !
Ohiyesa

Post subject: re: Mossberg 9200 Choke Tubes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:01 pm 
Diamond Grade

The 9200 used the Accu-Choke, choke tubes the same one as the basic Model 500. It will also use standard Invector (not Invector Plus) tubes from Browning, these will also fit in wichesters with Win-choke barrels, to give a flush fit.

It does not use the Accu-Mag, choke tubes from the 835 as the barrel diameter is different.

heres a copy of a faq from Mossbergs website:

Can I shoot slugs or buckshot through a "smoothbore" field barrel with Accu-Choke™ tubes? (500/505/535/9200/88/930 models)

Yes, and with sabots or rifled slugs, the more "open" the choke tube, the better the accuracy ("Improved Cylinder" recommended.) The "full" or "modified" choke tubes are preferred for buckshot loads. Slugs, buckshot and steel shot loads are not recommended for use with an extra full "turkey tube" installed, due to the tube's tight constriction. Do not fire any load without a choke tube installed, doing so will damage the internal choke tube threads

hope that this info helps out.

Jeff

My current list of nuts- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / Winchester Model 12 26” IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½” 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Shadow grass 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:09 am 
Field Grade

Shotgunnut
Thank you for the Fast reply,,so here is what I take from this post of yours:
My Son can use ANY Accu-Choke,,Browning Invector or any Win-Choke Tubes we find,,but CAN NOT use any of the following Tubes:
Accu-Mag,,Invector Plus or Any Choke Tube that will NOT fit into Winchester Win-Choke barrel ? again,it was a fast reply and I wasn't expecting a reply till Friday at the Earliest !
Thank you VERY Much
Ohiyesa
SORRY about all the underlined words,,I only wanted to underline the word ANY,,I didnt know how to turn it off,,so sorry once again[u]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:57 am 
Diamond Grade

Your son's 9200 can use either the Mossberg Accu-choke or the Browning Standard Invector tubes. I am not sure if it could use a Winchester winchoke tube.

I do know that the Mossberg Accu-choke and the Browning Standard Invector tubes will fit in any Winchoke barrel to give a flush mount, instead of the usual Winchoke knurled extension mount.

Sorry for the earlier confusion hope this post helps.

Also, if you don't already have the Browning Standard Invector tubes on hand form another gun, the Mossberg Accu-chokes are going to be less expensive to buy

Note on underlining............ type what you want to say, then highlight only the words you want underlined, then hit the U button.

Best regards,

Jeff

My current list of nuts- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / Winchester Model 12 26” IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½” 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Shadow grass 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm pretty sure the old style Winchester 1400 choke tubes would work as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:01 pm 
Field Grade

Shotgunnut and JDS,,I thank both of you very much,,you were both DEFINATLY a BIG Help :D
I REALLY DO love this site,,you find all kinds of sites for Rifles and Pistols,,but rarely a Shotgun site :?: I wish I would have known of this site a month ago,,for the FIRST time in my life I was Shotgun "Shopping" I have AWAYS shopped and did research when I was Pistol or Rifle Hunting,,but when it came to Shotguns,,I just went out and Bought a Remington 870 or 1100,,but in the last 2 years I have heard a TON of Horror Stories about Remingtons Quality Control,and people having to send their Remingtons BACK to the company 2 or 3 times,,I figured that Remington had dropped the ball in the last 21-22 years,,that was the Last time I bought a Shotgun,,it was a Remington Sportsman 12 Magnum (870),,well I started Waterfowl,Crow and Predator hunting and I wanted a Semi-Auto.
well I was "Gun Shy" on the new Remingtons,,so I looked around and everyone was screaming to get a Benelli,,well I was NOT going to pay $1,500 for a Shotgun,,and I know some people will cringe when they read my last statement,,But I won't pay that much,,I don't use a Shotgun that much,,well I didn't anyway,,but I will use it alot more now,,anyway,,I liked the Benelli,but was NOT Paying that much,,so upon my research and asking qestions,,I was told that Benelli also makes the Stoeger Model 2000,,and they se the SAME Parts in the Stoeger,,well I got to shoot one and I loved it,,so I bought one!
But IF I would have known about this site I could have found out a LOT of stuff about which Shotgun to get :D But I have to stick to the Stoeger 2000 for now,,and I guess the High Priced Benelli Choke Tubes,,But my Son has to stick to the Mossberg Accu-Choke Tubes or the High Priced Browning Invector Tubes,,maybe I should have taken or Chances with the New Remington 11-87's :?: :?: :?:
But My hat is off to you two Gentlemen and I thank you once again :!: :!: :!:
Ohiyesa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

Ohio, Don't worry about that Stoeger 2000, I have had one in the camo version for about 3 years. I have had no problems with it, and still like it very much. I had a benelli M1 awhile back and I just couldn't shoot it, so I sold it. I am much happier with my stoeger, not to mention the extra money I had in my pocket.

There are plenty of guns less expensive than the Benellis that give good service.

Oh and don.t forget to check the choke tube company's like Carlson's and Trulock for tubes to fit your guns. I also find them at gun shows and places like Cabela's, Scheels, Dick's, etc. on clearance sometimes.

Best of luck to you,

Jeff

My current list of nuts- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / American Arms single shot 12 ga/ Winchester Model 12 26” IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½” 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Shadow grass 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:49 am 
Field Grade

Shotgunnut
Thank you for all the info again,,I WILL check out the Places you mentioned for the Choke tubes,,the ONLY thing I was stumped on at first was the Tab along side the trigger guard,I had one of those on my Remington 870,but NEVER on a Semi-Auto :?: I am still not 100% sure why it is there,,I just use it to lock the slide open and then leave it alone,,but I DO like the Magazine release so I can unload the Tube without working the action :D I think today we are going to shoot a ton of Clay Pigeon's and Tomorrow go bust some Crow's :D
Thank You VERY Much
Ohiyesa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:46 am 
Diamond Grade

Yes, the little release lever on the trigger guard does take a little getting used to. I know I had trouble with it when first handling a friend of mine's benelli.

Wonderful conversing with you, glad you like the site, I seem to learn something new everytime I'm on it, and that can't be a bad thing.

Good luck, and good hunting, I hope you bust a few of those quail egg eating black devils!

Jeff

My current list of nuts- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / American Arms single shot 12 ga/ Winchester Model 12 26” IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½” 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Shadow grass 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:43 pm 
Field Grade

We don't have any Quail around here anymore,,not after the
"Blizzard of 77" But I never knew Crows ate Quail Eggs,,it makes sense,,they are JUST LIKE Blue Jays,,they Poke holes in other Birds eggs and that is WHY I hate Crows AND Blue Jays !!!
we Can't Shoot Blue Jays though :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
So I will TRY and shoot ALL the Crows I see,,I really like shooting them with my 22-250 also :wink: I like to see the
"Feather Dust" and I also switched to # 6 Shot instead of # 7 Shot,,it seems like the # 6 Knocks the Heck out of the Crows,with the # 6 Folds them up and they hit the ground DEAD
and with some of the # 7 Hits,,they tend to flutter to the Ground and I have had to shoot them again to keep them from Hopping off,,BUT I will see what I can do for ya Shotgunnut
Ohiyesa