CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any parts, info, support for Masieri / Armi Atis guns?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:08 pm 
Limited Edition

I just picked up a Masieri (now Armi Atis) 'Omar' autoloader. It's kind of a knock-off of a Franchi AL48 (which is itself kind of a Browning A-5 knockoff). The gun was sold in the US for just a couple of years in the early 70s, as the Universal "Auto-Wing".

Don't worry, I paid almost nothing for it.. and it's complete, but for a broken firing pin and missing firing pin spring. The firing pin retainer pin is also missing, but that is easy enough to fake..

Anyone know of a parts source for these guns? Any chance a Franchi or Browning pin might fit..?

TIA, -ML

Post subject: re: Any parts, info, support for Masieri / Armi Atis guns?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:12 am 
Presentation Grade

You could check at WWW.GUNPARTS.COM.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:19 pm 
Limited Edition

Bumped once.. there has to be a parts source out there, maybe only in Europe?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:35 pm 
Gunsmith
Gunsmith

These may be similar to what needs to be made.

Here is one of the vulnerable situations that I have found with these parts: the pivot pin for the link is a bit soft, not wear resistant (so notches form from rubbing during link pivoting, etc.) so not easily removed with a punch, plus the bolt handle body is a bit brittle.
See the cracks shown.

This shows a piece missing at the pin (cracked away) as well as a barely visible crack along the pin hole. These defects are not going to affect the operation of the gun, if all intruding corners and edges are minimized to prevent scrape and interference drag.

I can make one of these, if needed.
These parts are the only ones of these that I have, and will keep for patterns to copy in better metal grades and tolerances.
I always prefer to fit to the specific assemblies, since parts tolerances can vary amongst manufacturing series, dates of production, as well as wear-induced slack conditions.

kirbythegunsmith@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:49 am 
Utility Grade

I have a Universal "Auto-Wing" 12 guage shotgun made in Brescia Italy that has a broken shell latch. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas where I can find one or a gun for parts? Thanks.