CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: **REVIEW** Pardner Protector
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 pm 
Limited Edition

Well I took my new protector out to the club today and put it through hell.
I had 2 boxes of 7 shot left over from when I did upland bird hunting. I shot all 50 rounds with NO break what so ever, then I had some bulk buckshot I had picked up at the gunshow and threw 25 rounds of those down it's throat. On saturday i was at my brother-in-laws place talking guns and he hands me 100rds of riffled slugs that he doens't use any more. I shoot 20 of these then ended the day with 15 rounds of remington nitro steel. Thats 110 rounds with little to no break and no cleaning.

I did all this shooting in a little over an hour, and the only thing that I can complain about is my shoulder.

The gun cycled every round with no hesitation. It shot the slugs dead on and patterned my buckshot better than my remington and mossberg.

At $170, this thing is a work horse. It works just like all the others but at a fraction of the cost. Anyone looking for a home defense weapon or field gun, these IMHO are the best deal out there.

Thanks Adam

Post subject: re: **REVIEW** Pardner Protector
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 pm 
Field Grade

Good to hear it's a decent piece. I bet your shoulder wants a couple days off :lol:

Post subject: Re: re: **REVIEW** Pardner Protector
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 am 
Limited Edition

vista461 wrote:
Good to hear it's a decent piece. I bet your shoulder wants a couple days off :lol:

Yes it does....it's pretty bruised up today. I'll be placing an order for some tac attachments menat for the 870 for the protector. I'll let you all know how they fit.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:31 am 
Limited Edition

I thought there would be more people interested in this?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:25 am 
Field Grade

That its good to know. I own one and Ive had no problems with it whatsoever. I have just installed a 6 position collapsible stock on mine and it needed little or no fitting. I am in the process of installing amag extension on it . Ill let you know how it goes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:43 am 
Limited Edition

deltatorres wrote:
That its good to know. I own one and Ive had no problems with it whatsoever. I have just installed a 6 position collapsible stock on mine and it needed little or no fitting. I am in the process of installing amag extension on it . Ill let you know how it goes.

What stock did you end up going with and where did you get it? I'll be getting the mag extension from MAX100 when I have the funds.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:37 pm 
Presentation Grade

Any stock setup that does not have a drop in it will not allow the use of bead sights on a shotgun. The ATI adjustable stock are good stocks from what I have read and look good when mounted but they go straight back with no drop and you will not be able to put the bead on target when aiming.

GC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:43 pm 
Presentation Grade

ati equals crap and the shell holder is worthless on the adjustable stock i would be looking at knoxx or mesa tactical speedfeed something like that glad the gun works out for you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:00 pm 
Utility Grade

I have had my pardner protector for a little over a year and I love it. It was bought as a home defense weapon. But its still fun to shoot..anyways..Im looking to add a stock with a pistol grip to it and Im looking for some feedback from some people that might have done it already and maybe some advice....please!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

Put a 870 Speedfeed short pistol grip stock on it. The 870 accessories fit the Pardner Pump and the Norinco 982. The same shotgun with different style receivers.

GC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 pm 
Limited Edition

Here is my Pardner with the Knoxx NRS stock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:40 am 
Field Grade

{RO Looks great Adam.

"Always Ready Scouts Out!"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:03 pm 
Field Grade

Am looking to just add a Pachmayer decelerator to stock for recoil protection. They come in small, medium and large--what size is the Pardner stock and has anyone used an "add-on" for recoil?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:37 pm 
Utility Grade

I've had the Protector for about 2+ years now, I've put about 500 rounds through it, including many different loads and Buckshot. Never had any problems. About 3 months ago I went to clean it, because it hasn't been shot in a year or so, and the Extractor was just sitting in the gun case (no sign of the pin or spring). After 3 months I finally got in touch with someone at Marlin (N.E.F./H&R was bought by Marlin who has since been bought by Remington) that could find the parts, but now I'm having a hard time finding someone to work on it, as I have no clue how to replace an extractor. I thought I had a work horse, now I'm tempted to repair it and sell it for something more reliable, has anyone had similar experiences or heard of any??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:03 pm 
Limited Edition

MAX100 wrote:
Any stock setup that does not have a drop in it will not allow the use of bead sights on a shotgun. The ATI adjustable stock are good stocks from what I have read and look good when mounted but they go straight back with no drop and you will not be able to put the bead on target when aiming.

GC

they have a spacer now (and I believe it comes with it) that drops the angle of the stock.

WASR10 7.62x39
Hi-point 995 9MM
Winchester 1300 12 GA 22 rifle sight
Mossberg 500A 12 GA 18.5 bead sight
Mossberg 500A 12 GA 18.5 GRS
Swiss K-11 7.5x55 Swiss
Savage model 112 .223
Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54R

Last edited by EBK on Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:06 pm 
Limited Edition

jeepinjakear15 wrote:
ati equals crap and the shell holder is worthless on the adjustable stock i would be looking at knoxx or mesa tactical speedfeed something like that glad the gun works out for you

Mine has held up fine for the last two years and the shell holder still holds shells. What else is it supposed to do?

Granted im not fighting any wars so YMMV

WASR10 7.62x39
Hi-point 995 9MM
Winchester 1300 12 GA 22 rifle sight
Mossberg 500A 12 GA 18.5 bead sight
Mossberg 500A 12 GA 18.5 GRS
Swiss K-11 7.5x55 Swiss
Savage model 112 .223
Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54R

Post subject: Re: **REVIEW** Pardner Protector
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:45 am 
Utility Grade

Just bought A Pardner Protector last week. Have not shot it yet, but tried cycling shells through the magazine tube. All of them will cycle through just fine except the last one, it always hangs up and it takes a sharp bump on the stock to get it to drop into the chamber. Anyone have a quick fix so i don't have to do the whole warranty thing.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

True zombie thread! ND

*Charles Daly 12ga. Field Tactical* 18.5 bbl
w/ Tacstar Mag Extension

Next to purchase: Remington 870 Police Marine Magnum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:50 pm 
Field Grade

Hi Adam,
Yep, there's a quite few Pardner fans on this site and I'm one of them.
I'm actually considering a second purchase before their popularity prompts a price increase.

I put a bunch of various rounds through mine and drew the same conclusion. Great gun and a great deal!

However, I got really bored shooting patterns and have developed a very close relationship with my local produce guy. Every few days, I check in to see when they're about to dump melons or heads of lettuces that have reached their pull dates.

Ever seen what a 3” 9 ball mag can do to a ripe cantaloupe? :lol:

I installed the Knoxx Spec Ops with the recoil absorber system on my Pardner, last week (posted a review on another thread a few pages up) and as far as stocks go, if it fits on an 870, it will work on the Pardner

In any event, enjoy your new shotgun and may you never have to use it for anything but fun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 am 
Field Grade

Quote:
Just bought A Pardner Protector last week. Have not shot it yet, but tried cycling shells through the magazine tube. All of them will cycle through just fine except the last one, it always hangs up and it takes a sharp bump on the stock to get it to drop into the chamber. Anyone have a quick fix so i don't have to do the whole warranty thing.

Thanks,

one of the first mods that are done is getting a new spring, or make sure that the mag tube is clean then make sure that the follower is seated properly. do you have an extension onit? make sure that the dimples were removed properly and that the spring is not getting caught there.

"Always Ready Scouts Out!"