CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Which O/U is the best mechanically, longevity, and price/what you get?
Beretta 687 $1899.99 48%  48%  [ 13 ]
Browning Cynergy Sporting $1999.99 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Browning 525 Sporting $1999.99 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Ruger Red Label Sporting $999.99 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Winchester Select Energy $1499.99 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Lanber 2087 $500.00 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: O/U opinion all new guns, no used guns!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

Which gun is the best gun for the price? Please list pros and cons to aid me in my decision.Ill be using the gun for sporting clays and dove hunting.Yes the lanber was a throw in I know it is not the gun that the bguns are but I have heard that the Lanbers were wildly popular overseas and that it was a quality gun. I would say at this moment I would use this gun 70/30 dove to sporting clays. With that said I am interested in shooting a ton more clays in the future when I get my courses set up. I would also use this gun for my high volume shoots in Argentina and Mexico next year. Also for some pheasant , quail,and chukar. I like the 30" barrels because they have the same sight picture as my beretta and remington semis. Every gun listed with minor adjustments fit me just fine but out of the box the rrl fits me the best. All these prices come out of cdnn, gunsamerica,gunbroker,and the local store I frequent. I also like the SKB's they are around $1200.00 in this area :AU

Last edited by thehammer on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: re: O/U opinion all new guns, no used guns!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't know where you are finding those prices... some are REALLY low... but either way, the Beretta is the best buy on that list (are you sure you don't mean one of the 686 variants?)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Whichever of the three B's you list that fits you the best is the best for you! :lol:

“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

I do like my Beretta's but would not turn away from a good Browning deal either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Lanber is a good gun for the money but is so out of line pricewise with the others listed it has to be a token throw in. I suppose the responses are more or less predictable but the question needs to be asked, what do you want the gun for? How intensely do you plan to use it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

I prefer the 525, but I wonder why the XT did not make the poll. They are on the market for $1900 so it fits the price range you are polling. I shoot both and I believe the 525 sporting is a little bit more than $1900 for a new one.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I voted for the Beretta, but either of the Brownings would be OK.

Stay away from the RRL. I used to have one. They are plauged with a lot of little problems. Definitely not reliable enough for a high-volume bird shoot in Central or South America.