CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raick Freres @ Liege
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:50 pm 
Presentation Grade

I received a gift yesterday from a business partner and good friend. A "Raick Freres" SxS. It's a two barrel set: one rifle and one shotgun -- 26", 20 ga, F/M -- and 24", 8x57JRS cal. -- serial number 44xxx.

The barrels are a deep blue, actually more black. The forearm has a button release on the tip. Frame is in polished in white. The wood is a very tight grain, highly figured black walnut. Straight grip stock, heavy on the bottom. Checkering is fine, 26 lpi or more and very well done. Wood to metal fit is excellent.

My friend bought the gun in Europe around 1970 from the original owner. He can't recall when the original owner said he bought it. He'd had it for some time before that. The gun has had very little use, with only a few boxes fired.

As much as I can gather on the web, they are quality made firearm, hand built in Liege, Belgium. Anyone have any information on one of these.

Regards:
Rod

Post subject: re: Raick Freres @ Liege
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:10 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

I don't have a lot on Raick Bros.They were/are a very old firm, established in Liege, Belgium, ib 1807,, They were in busiess as late as 1965.. The made very high quality sidelocks and boxlocks, with every option available, including custom orders..Bushrod

Post subject: re: Raick Freres @ Liege
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:42 pm 
Crown Grade

See http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20q%20r/a%20raick%20gb.htm

Post subject: Re: re: Raick Freres @ Liege
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

albanygun wrote:

I found it on the website link you posted. Thank You :)

It's on the last catalogue page, with the orange background, before the nice colored photograph of the hammer gun. The catalogue page shows three guns - two doubles and a bolt action. Mine is the top double express rifle, pretty much as it is in the picture - boxlock, straight grip with the heavy bottom.

Two boxes of ammo came with the gun. Both boxes are sealed with a RWS silver seal and the brand is Dynamit Nobel, made in Germany. Getting ammo might be tough as it's 8x57JRS, that's a rimmed 8x57.

Regards;
Rod