CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silma over/under's?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:14 pm 
Field Grade

I know a guy who has a Silma over/under for sale. The gun is used and he wants $400 for the gun. I not sure of the model, I have not looked at the gun yet, I only seen it at a glance in the dove field in Sept.. I thought I would get some opinions before I wasted the guy's time going to look at the gun. Opinions please.

Post subject: re: Silma over/under's?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:36 pm 
Field Grade

Does anybody know anything about Silma over/unders. I do know it's made in Italey, and Gander Mtn. has a couple that is over $800. Is it considerd a good gun?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:41 pm 
Limited Edition

They are a solid gun and back in the USA after a period where they were hard to find.
The new silmas have a modern design, the olders were classic.
The year that you have sold for about 650.00 back then.
If it is in good shape your price sounds good.
art

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

The Silmas I heave seen at Gander look like they were pretty well made as far as the fit and finish go. They looked to be on par with the better grade of the Traditions Sporting guns made by Fausti.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

crank bait: If the SLIMA is in good condition, I think that is a fair price. It is a well make ITILIAN gun, it's not a FAUSTI or a RIZZINI, But I am sure it will fit all your shooting needs & will still be shooting when all the TURKISH & RUSSIAN guns have been retired. IMO. I have a EMILO RIZZINI o/u 12 ga 2 3/4 in that I brought back from ITALY in 1979. Than has never given me any problem. It just keeps on going (BANG) when the trigger is pulled.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:03 pm 
Field Grade

I got to look at the gun this weekend and guess what. It's not a Silma. The only thing I could find on the gun is on the barrel and it was Sile or Sle Ny,Ny MAR Made in Italy. I could not tale if the i was a i or a scratch. It looked like Sile but may have been Sle. The gun looked and felt pretty good. It had extractors and single trigger but I could not find a barrel selector. It also had 4 chokes with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:01 pm 
Utility Grade

I have been watching this tread for a while, and would like to know the same info as crankbait. Other than the serial #, the only markings on the gun are as follows (SLE NY, NY MAR, Made in Italy). My father-in-law was given this gun when his father died, and he has been asking around for any information about the gun.

thanks,
mm