CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finger guard?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello, my wife hunts birds with a nice O/U and is frequently getting a "bite" on the back of her middle finger from the trigger guard banging back into it on recoil. Somewhere I've seen a little rubber shoe that mounts to the back of a trigger guard to "fill the gap" between the back of the guard and the middle finger on a "smallish" sized hand. Does anybody know where I might find one of these?

Thank you.

Post subject: re: Finger guard?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

https://secure.netsolhost.com/connectic ... oduct=1162

Another option which I have used successfully is to cut a piece from an empty 12 ga hull (maybe 20 ga for her?) and tape it to the finger. Makes a good shield.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Galazan's have two types of these, one held on to the trigger guard with a spring clip and one that uses a screw clip. GJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:19 pm 
Utility Grade

Well men, I must thank you very much for your replies. I appreciate the recommendation regarding using a cut shotgun shell as a guard. Though that would work fine for me if I needed a guard, I think the Galizan rubber pad will be more in line with what my wife would like to see on her shotgun! I went to the Galizan website for which a link was so handily provided and ordered one. Thanks very much, once again.