CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yildiz coming to North Eastern States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have just been offered the Yildiz Distributorship for a section of the northern US. At this time, I'm distributing them in the Canadian Maritime Provinces. This won't happen over night, as a dealer network has to be set up, import/export business & logistics to take care of (hopefully by june 2008). The line distributed in the north will be full line and not "built to price". Parts will be available. The exact States under my responsibility have yet to be negotiated but suffice to say that between myself and another distributor, we will cover all States that Acadamy has no presence.
Cheers & Happy new year!

If you won't stand behind our troups please feel free to stand in front of them!

God bless our troups fighting in Afganistan!

Post subject: re: Yildiz coming to North Eastern States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:03 pm 
Field Grade

Congratulations grouser. Sounds like this will make it easier to get the other Yildiz shotguns we have all been wanting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:17 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

2 quick questions:

1. Will you bring in the SxS guns?

2. Will you sell direct? (I.E., ship to my FFL holder)

Post subject: Re: re: Yildiz coming to North Eastern States
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

BPGuy wrote:
2 quick questions:

1. Will you bring in the SxS guns?

2. Will you sell direct? (I.E., ship to my FFL holder)

BPGuy -- As I stated in my post --- the full line will be available which of course include SxS's. Also, Yildiz makes 2 trap guns (the Yildiz Trap & the MX Trap) which will be marketed as trap guns and not as "MX Clays" which does not exist.
I will not sell direct --- only to dealers. It would not be in my best interest to buypass my drealer network. Any inquires for product from an area that does not have a stocking dealer would be forwarded to the nearest dealer who can arrange shipment to the buyers FFL.
By the way, I was suprised at the shipping restrictions (I.E., FLL to FLL). Here we can simpally pack a gun up and send it in the mail.
Cheers & thanks for the inquiry
John

If you won't stand behind our troups please feel free to stand in front of them!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:35 pm 
Utility Grade

John

What are you looking for in a dealer? The FFL who handled my yildiz transfer is very interested in becoming one here in Southern California.

David

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:25 pm 
Tournament Grade

brown trout wrote:
John

What are you looking for in a dealer? The FFL who handled my yildiz transfer is very interested in becoming one here in Southern California.

David

David, pm sent.

If anyone has knowledge of any Dealers that may have an interest in the line, please let me know -- it would be greatly appreciated!

jlrgs@nbnet.nb.ca
Thanks, John

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

Quote:
BPGuy -- the full line will be available which of course include SxS's. Also, Yildiz makes 2 trap guns (the Yildiz Trap & the MX Trap) which will be marketed as trap guns and not as "MX Clays" which does not exist.

Yes the MX Clays exists. Or maybe the one I have is just make believe.

If you mean it isn't a standard offering by Yildiz, well that is a different horse altogether. But not that unusual. Many retailers order special runs that the gun manufacturers are more than happy to fill.

I have seen some Yidiz offered for sale in Canada and the price was extremly high. Where are you guessing your prices are going to fall? More in line with Academy or higher?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:34 pm 
Tournament Grade

Quail Killa wrote:
Quote:
BPGuy -- the full line will be available which of course include SxS's. Also, Yildiz makes 2 trap guns (the Yildiz Trap & the MX Trap) which will be marketed as trap guns and not as "MX Clays" which does not exist.

Yes the MX Clays exists. Or maybe the one I have is just make believe.

If you mean it isn't a standard offering by Yildiz, well that is a different horse altogether. But not that unusual. Many retailers order special runs that the gun manufacturers are more than happy to fill.

I have seen some Yidiz offered for sale in Canada and the price was extremly high. Where are you guessing your prices are going to fall? More in line with Academy or higher?

Prices should be comparible due to increased volume incentives from the factory. If there is a higher price it would be in the 10% range, taking into consideration that Academy imports direct and sells out of their own stores where as we import and sell to dealers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Any further word on developments?

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:05 am 
Tournament Grade

Guess It's not going to happen! :( Just too many hoops to jump thru for a non-us citizen to carry on a firearms distributorship.
However the Canadian importer (Wide North is looking at partinering with a US firm.