chokes - all good
also have seen the listed
@ 5 for $100 whic is a super
price for a good extended choke
????????????

Post subject: re: Angle Port Chokes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:57 am 
Presentation Grade

Angle Port Chokes by Ballistic's Specialities are very good chokes. They were back boring Baretta Auto's, lengthening forcing cones and installing their own longer extended choke tubes about 10 years before Baretta started doing theirs.
V/R TonyG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

I bought 5 for my 12 ga O/U, I've been happy. They do not have notches for a choke wrench, so they can only be finger tight, but I have not had one loosen on me. Also they are numbered based on the size, so they are .00, 05, 10 and so on instead of labeled as CYL, SKT or IC. But for $20 a piece they are 1/2 the price of the competition. They come in a nice plastic case as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:53 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have about 1000 rounds through my set. I wieghed them against a factory Perazzi choke and they are lighter, which is what I wanted. I have been real impressed, and the price can't be beat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:27 pm 
Presentation Grade

Do they make them for 28 gauge as well?

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:57 pm 
Limited Edition

I bought a a full complement of choke tubes from Angleport. I use 2 of them in my XS Skeet and got a full set for sporting clays. I am very impressed with them. As stated by another poster, I bought a range of constrictions instead of skeet, imp cyl, etc. They are the first tubes I have used that I put in finger tight and never had to worry about them backing out. My skeet gun has put about 1,000 shells thru them without ever having to retighten. I am never buying another brand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:25 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a full set and have not been disappointed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:09 am 
Tournament Grade

I have at least 4 sets of their chokes and they are great. I read on another site they actually make the Kolar chokes for them. Not sure if its true, but it makes a good story.The guys at Angleport are well versed on what works and have never tried to sell me crap I don't need. In fact I need to order more for a new Browning 20ga I just got.

TJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:53 am 
Tournament Grade

I will add my vote for these chokes. I have several brands of chokes with my Berettas and I can not perceive any significant performance difference. The price is right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:49 am 
Presentation Grade

Go online to
http://www.precisionreloading.com/2004catalog.htm
Scroll down the left side and under Shooting Accessories click on Choke Tube wrench.
With the lever up, you insert in into the gun, then push lever over 90 deg. This causes the rubber to grip the tube from the inside and the lever allows you to spinn the tube out easily. One hand operation to remove and install tubes. This is what I have for my set of Angleport tubes, and it works great.
V/R TonyG