CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli SBE II Stock Problem
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:13 pm 
Utility Grade

Good afternoon. I have a Synthetic SBE II and was out in Texas Goose hunting two weeks ago. During the last hunt I noticed the gun was kicking a little harder than normal, or so I thought.

As we were packing to leave, my partner said he had some bad news, my stock was broken on the left side between the cheek pad and the last comfor tech chevron and then continued down to the recoil pad. I didn't see it until I returned home since we were packing to catch a flight.

Upon return, I called Benelli and told them where it was broken. Without hesitation they agreed to send me a replacement right away under warranty. It made me think they had a problem with this comfor tech system.

Kudos to Benelli, but i just removed the broken stock and the recoil spring tube looks like it is canted to the right side of the gun. Is this normal? I don't see any bends in the tube or other noticable defects.

I look forward to some replies!

Post subject: re: Benelli SBE II Stock Problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Follow up to original post:

I just received the replacement stock. I replaced it and now looking at the stock it appears bent off to one side, the right. Can anyone help me with this or do i need to send the gun back to Benelli?

Post subject: re: Benelli SBE II Stock Problem
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:04 pm 
Field Grade

I hav'nt heard any problems wih the stocks on the SBE2's..but it sounds like you recoil cage got bent some how, thats the only thing i can think of unless maybe the shims got put in wrong....let me know what you find....Thanks Honkers41