CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1927 Winchester Model 12 "White" Diamond?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:24 pm 
Limited Edition

Greetings, my Dad just purchased a 1927 Model 12 Pigeon Grade in really good condition. The issue is that instead of the Black Diamond inlay on the wrist, it has a White or Ivory diamond exactly where the Black one is supposed to be.

I have Googled and looked in my Ref books, but can't find anything that describes a White Diamond. My Ned Schwing Pocket Guide to Winchesters says the Pigeon Grade "was a special order gun and will be seen in many variations."

Anyone heard of the White Diamond before? Thanks!

(Also posted in Winchester forum)

Post subject: re: 1927 Winchester Model 12 "White" Diamond?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Did you ever find anything about the gun. I own a very early year M12 Milled rib Nickel steel whit diamond. It has white diamonds on both sides of the stock in front of the grip and one center bottom of stock near the butt plate so that it is visable when on a rack.

Post subject: re: 1927 Winchester Model 12 "White" Diamond?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

What is the white diamond made from? Is it mother of pearl? Or plastic? Some other material? It was quite popular for gunsmiths to inlet diamonds and other designs and even saying this Winchester was good at giving the customer what he wanted. I would expect if this was a factory deal that the wood should high grade with the full size forearm not the corncob. Can you post pics?