CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zepher Upland King - Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm 
Crown Grade

:D Hi all, anyone have any opinions/comments on this Victor Sarasqueta imported by Stoeger?

Frank how about you?

Thanks all!!!

Greg

Post subject: re: Zepher Upland King - Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

Greg,

This is funny. You are asking about the same guns I have found. We must be searching the same thing......

If you found the one I think you did, it's a good deal. Sarasqueta guns are pretty good, supposedly...... at least for the money.

Adam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

Greg,

This is funny. You are asking about the same guns I have found. We must be searching the same thing......

If you found the one I think you did, it's a good deal. Sarasqueta guns are pretty good, supposedly...... at least for the money.

Adam

Post subject: Re: re: Zepher Upland King - Thoughts
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:01 pm 
Crown Grade

gunbroker90 wrote:
Sarasqueta guns are pretty good, supposedly...... at least for the money.

There were 3 different Sarasqueta companies: Felix, J.J., and Victor. The quality generally increased in that order, too. Although many European gunmakers build guns to specific price points, the Victor Sarasqueta guns were very well made and had an excellent reputation in their heyday. A family member owns a custom-ordered Victor Sarasqueta trap grade SxS made in the mid-70s that is very, very nice.

The older Zephyr models imported by Stoeger were good field guns...if the price is right, it could be a good choice.

Of course, Victor Sarasqueta has been out of business for well over 25 years...so good luck finding spare parts. :wink:

They are some nice guns, though.

Post subject: Re: re: Zepher Upland King - Thoughts
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:29 am 
Crown Grade

gunbroker90 wrote:
Greg,

Adam

:D Hey Adam, I bet we are!!!! Small world!!!! BTW, the gun you have for sale is a dandy! To bad it's a 20. No offense, but if it were a 12 or better yet a 16, I'd buyit!!!

Good luck my friend!!

All the best!

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:01 am 
Crown Grade

:D Hey Adam, update for you. I got a response on my questions to the seller, he only answered two of my eight questions (I ask alot to be sure on a gun I have not seen). That put me off (BWT the answers were short and to be honest curt). On the ejectors he stated that one won't close. That did it for me, to bad, a nice V.S. SLE for $600, to good to be true. Oh well, it's still a blast to look and at times dream!!

All the best!!!

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

Sure enough, it was the same SLE... I was going to email the seller to ask for more pics... but now that you have told that about the ejectors, I really don't care anymore.... :)

I may end up keeping my gun... I really enjoy shooting it and it fits me very well. Still comtemplating... I am going to list it on gunbroker but if it does not sell the first couple times I list it, I am going to put it back in the safe.

I should have been more specific... Victor Sarasqueta made good guns... the others, or so I have heard, were pretty crude.

Adam