CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Verona Shotguns
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:40 pm 
Field Grade

Hi All,

I just have to let you all know of the fantastik service I have received from Verona thanx to a person called Cress. I had purchased a Verona 702 Gold Competition O/U and it had the wrong stock on it and didn't come with the promised chokes. I had been on this site here whining about the horrible service I was getting from the importer here in the USA. I could not get through and I never got a call back. Then one day this gentleman calls and that's it. A new stock arrives in the post and 3 external chokes all no charge!!!!!!!!!!!! He fixed everything. Apoligised for the situation and fixed it almost over nite! Ladies and Genleman thats good service. That is the difference between good and bad company's. The gun is great, it looks great and it shoot great. I get nothing but compliments about it. Very reasonable price and comes in 4 grades. Verona is great. I think everyone should know about this. If your haveing or have had a problem e mail Cress at Verona. If you need his e let me know I'll get it to you. He does monitor this site so if you e here he'll probably get it also.

Mike1
Schutzemgud

Post subject: Re: Verona Shotguns
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mike...That is nice to hear. I've been admiring them and your information may be the punch I needed to buy one.

Keep us posted of any other results... Levi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:17 pm 

Once again, a proud Verona owner!! :D Congrats and welcome aboard.

I agree whole heartily with you about Cress also, thankfully I didnt have the trouble you did, but any questions I have posted concerning my Verona have been answered by the great members of this site and by Cress. As I stated in another topic, Cress's fine cutomer service, and his acknowledgment of their problems that he is correcting, played a big part in me buying my Verona. Constomer service and knowledgable staff can make and break a company. 8) :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:31 pm 
Crown Grade

It takes someone to grab the horns by the head and get the problem fixed. Cress Lorenzo has done that and Verona is one of the fastest growing guns in America. They are popping up everywhere. People can see the quality and when I tell them how much work mine gets, their concerns about "wearing it out" begin to slip away. It is the most trouble free gun I have owned (and I am a B gun owner, too) and dollar for dollar there is not a better value out there. I have seen the wood going on these things and side by side they often look better than the B guns they are on the shelf with. Mechanically, they are trouble free. Get the good word out all you satisfied Verona owners.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:03 pm 
Presentation Grade

I think BC Outdoors should change their name to Lorenzo Arms. He's the man to get things done. He has made alot of upset customers-including me- very happy. Its not everyday you hear a company admit they have problems. Cress has and put his money where his mouth is. I have said before you dont see reps from the other companys replying to complaints here. That shows me he believes in the quality of the product they offer. If anybody is on the wire about a Verona shotgun this should convince you to get one. Everyone has been impresed when they see my 502's, especialy my 20ga. Everyone except die hard Beretta people. I think they are afraid people will realize you dont have to spend 1500 or more to own a quality firearm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:10 pm 
Crown Grade

GK,
I recently shot my 502 at a club I had never been to before. They closed up earlier than I thought and so there were seven of us wanting to shoot. We went out as one squad. There were several Brownings and Berettas in the group. I must admit that even the Beretta shooters were impressed. "Now what kind of gun is this?" "Look at that wood on that gun!" With the service and the quality, you cannot believe where these things are going. I was inquiring with Cress about some of their guns and he sent me some pictures of this 20/28 ga set that they have at their club at Desert Lake. You would have to trapse thru a lot of Europe to finsd any prettier wood than was on that thing. I absolutely love shotguns and shooting and this Verona has stood up to everything I have dished out. I recently was in a little competition hunt and took my Verona. It rained and iced all day long. I was so concerned about how that gun was going to hold up and look like afterwards. Just cleaned up beautifully. I have gotten it out several times just to look it over and see if I could find any rust spots. None. And the shooters just loved the gun. They were several guys there with 1100-1187's and they could not believe that I had gotten such a fine gun for such a great price. They assumed a good quality o/u was outpriced. Then they met Verona. They were impressed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:15 pm 

In property the saying is.... location, location, location

In retail, it is ... service, service, service :D

Yes, yes, I know, there is a little to do with price, but I am the type of man who pay a little extra if the service is gonna be there. Pay a little extra now, or maybe alot extra later, and not have your gun in service for awhile.

Enjoy that Verona and keep it quiet, we don't want our secret getting out that quality can be had cheap, it is more fun to laugh about it later!! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This may sound silly to some of you but where can you get a Verona? They are practically unheard of here in South Texas (or at least at every gun shop I've inquired about 'em). Can You purchase them online?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:59 pm 
Limited Edition

MeandCoco wrote:
This may sound silly to some of you but where can you get a Verona? They are practically unheard of here in South Texas (or at least at every gun shop I've inquired about 'em). Can You purchase them online?

Not sure about online... but they're available at chain stores such as Gander Mountain, Galyan's, Dicks sporting goods, Cabellas, and such like.

HG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:58 am 

MeandCoco

I am not sure about buying them online but contact BC outdoors. This is the company that supplies and services them for the USA. Their web site is (pmcammo.com) or might want to just call them at (702-294-3056).

As far as stores are concerned, refer back to your posting "need some help choosing the right shotgun" I listed some stores with the prices and model #'s on there.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:34 pm 
Gentlemen, In Texas
Alamo leather Goods
210-255-4869 has kept a nice selection available. (San antonio area.)
Chain Dist. Ulvalde/San Antonio
210-255-4869
Alpine Range supply (Ft Worth)---?
817-478-6613

Los Ranchos guns ( excellent people new stocking dealer, good selection)
Albuquerque NM
505-345-4276

please let me know

Cress Lorenzo
clorenzo@pmcammo.com
Many thanks, BC Outdoors (Verona) can not make the changes it has, and will continue- with out the great support that the SGW provides with its well run forum, and supeiror members/guests. you make it happen for us, we (myself prominently) are very excited and proud to have the clients that we do, thay are a class above.
CL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:43 pm 

Right now I am bowing to Cress :lol: :D :mrgreen:

Once again the man comes through. I dont see any other reps from any other companies on here, just the Verona man. LOL

BTW Cress, when is the name change coming?? ... Cress Outdoors, or Lorenzoammo??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:59 pm 
Field Grade

Hey Cress!

Glad you found us. This apparently :D is the new "My Verona" page. Hummed to the tune Of "My Sharona."

Coulld you list who has Verona here in Michigan like you did in Texas. Is there a web page that list dealers in the various states? Besides my tricked out 702 (thanx to you) I feel the need for a new skeet gun and my wife wants a trap gun like mine. How cool is that. :D

Mike1
Schutzemgud

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks for responding, Cress. Coco, I sent Cress an email and told him we needed some guidance with San Antonio. Now, you do your part and go there to get you a Verona or two. You will not be disappointed in price, product or performance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:58 pm 
Limited Edition

For those of you in the Chicago area who would like to see a Verona up close and personal (and maybe shoot a round of trap with one) let me know. I frequent the Bristol, WI range and don't mind showing off my LX-503. :)

Likewise, if someone has a Verona autoloader in the Chicago area, i'd be very interested in checking one of those out!

HG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:22 pm 
IL:
Williams Shooters Supply, Quincy 217-222-4195
Arms Unlimited, Mt Sterling 217-773-2557
D&G guns, Lake Moore 815-363-9541

Sorry I have nothing onthe records for Chicago, or surrounding area. As I am the importer I sell to Distributers mainly, and have numerous Dealer directs aswell(not so many in Chicago). This does not mean that there are no stocking dealers out there, just none that deal direct. They can be purchasing from Dist such as RSR, Acusport, Jerry's, Sports INC, etc etc.
I will pursue this further and let you know-

Cress Lorenzo
clorenzo@pmcammo.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks Cress! That was real nice of you. I will go check them out tomorrow. The Verona is very well praised here and just the fact that you took the time to direct me, warrants a trip to the gun shop no matter what. Thanks!

KT13, I appreciate the thought. You guys are great.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:32 pm 
Coco, try ozarkguns.com. They sell Verona over the net. I bought a Fabarm Max Lion from them and was very pleased with the transaction. Prices were much better than anything else I found.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

Who is that masked man?

Every time there is a question to be answered he shows up takes care of business and rides off into the sunset.

KT I think Beretta people are jelous about the quality and value of a Verona. The same amount of gun for half the money. These same people lump Veronas in the same group as Stoeger. Dont get me wrong I own and love Stoeger guns, but when you talk about IGA you get weird looks. Talk about FAIR (Rizzini) you get smiles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:04 pm 
I have shot with a Verona LX-680 Gold skeet for the past year. I recently got a great deal on a Perazzi , but I am keeping the Verona as a backup.

Solid performance. I shot more than 8,000 rounds through it with no visible wear or issues.

For the price, you can't beat it.