CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charles Daily Made in Turkey Shotgun opinions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Saw this for the first time today. It is a 4+1 or 5+1 shot pump depending on shell length. Had 2 bars and moved smoothly. The best thing was the price. I am going to fire it to see how it functions then put it away for home defense.
Does anyone no of anything bad about these? Do they blow up after 2 shots or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated. Bud

Post subject: re: Charles Daily Made in Turkey Shotgun opinions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

Good gun for the price, it is hard to mess up a pump gun. I have heard but never experienced that they are hit and miss as far cycling. Ask the owner for some dummy rounds, most stores have them, or even snap caps and load and cycle the gun to make sure it does so efficiently.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:02 pm 
Limited Edition

I have owned a Charles Daly Field Hunter Left Handed semi-auto 12 gauge with 28" barrel, for the last 16 months.

It has been shot pretty frequently...300+ rounds in the back field shooting clays from a Do-All trap thrower, standing target turkey shoots the past 2 fall/winters (and wins regularly), trap (23/25 is the best so far with me pulling the trigger :D) 2 seasons of rabbit hunting, dove season this past fall, and this year's squirrel and deer season 8)

The gun has always cycled anything from 2 3/4" light target loads, trap loads, and rabbit/squirrel loads, to 3" Magnum slugs....without a problem!

Last year my son won our Thanksgiving turkey at the turkey shoot with the Charles Daly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:37 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Bill,

Great picture! I am glad that your CDs work fine, some don't. However, the guys that get good ones really like them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:59 pm 
Presentation Grade

If you are not going to use it for heavy volume shooting then it should perform well for you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 pm 
Crown Grade

300 rounds you say?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:29 am 
Tournament Grade

Location: Global because you Can't Kick Ass without Tanker Gas!
My friend has a CD 20 gauge autoloader. Cycles no problem. He's had it for about 2 years and loves it.

Post subject: Re: re: Charles Daily Made in Turkey Shotgun opinions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:12 am 
Presentation Grade

A5guy wrote:
Bill,

Great picture! I am glad that your CDs work fine, some don't. However, the guys that get good ones really like them.

Right on the money.

We're fortunate, and love ours. My son has been shooting competitively with his for the last year. He's put a couple thousand rounds through it. The only problem has been with Remington HD #2's. The crimps on those shells bulged some, and wouldn't consistently cycle.

- Jimmy

Post subject: Re: re: Charles Daily Made in Turkey Shotgun opinions
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:12 pm 
Limited Edition

SS wrote:
300 rounds you say?

Yes, 300+ run through the gun just in the back field.....there has been hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds more run through it when the shells used at turkey shoots, on the trap line, hunting, and just 'shooting something' (milk jugs full of water, pumpkins, watermelons, card board to pattern the gun with 5 different choke tubes, etc) are all added up.....the total is near 1,000 rounds.

Why did you say "300 rounds you say?"??