CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning A5 Belgium 1934 Price range question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:09 pm 
Utility Grade

I am new to the forum and I'm looking for a rough idea on the value of a Belgian Browning A5 auto that I have. The serial number 166XXX says it's from 1934. I am not a collector so I cannot describe its condition. The blueing is worn in spots on the reciever and the wood appears to be checked on the stock where it meets the reciever. (About 1"). No rust or pitting. I know without photos I can't accurately price it but I'm looking for a range. The wood itself is really nice looking. I appreciate any info. I am thinking of selling it and don't want to get hosed. Thanks, Bill

Post subject: re: Browning A5 Belgium 1934 Price range question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:31 pm 
Crown Grade

If you don't know anything about it your probably going to get hosed anyway. But I'm guessing that you got it for free, don't care about it much and wont know the difference. The information that we give you will be wildly speculative and only worth what your paying for it so.....if you want to get what the gun is worth put it on a internet auction and let the market detemine what it is worth.

All that being said:

Assuming the gun is a standard model in original unmolested condition it could range from $350 to $700. But you dont know how to validate condition or how to identify any special or unusual features so the range really could be from $200 to $1200.

And by the way....gun shops will only offer you about 50% to 60% of what they hope to sell it for.

The serial number indicates it's a 12 ga. BTW, if that is a complete and correct serial number then it was made in 1930. give us the complete Browning address as it appears on the barrel, that might help...

Jeff