CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 870 AOW?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:03 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello, eventhough I am new here I have used this website several years. This website has alot of good info, and alot of knowledgeable people.

I couldnt find an answer to my question so I registered to ask it.

I am in the market for a 870 AOW, specifically the 10" breecher model, but I have seen several that have distinguishable differences. The most notable difference is some are marked MAGNUM, and some are marked POLICE MAGNUM. The dealers I have spoken with have told me its the same thing, so I want to ask what this community knows about the difference in these shotguns.

By the way I would rather buy the one that says Police Magnum but those seem to be more expensive by several 100 dollars, and if there is no difference then I would settle for the other.

Thanks,
Nick[/i]

Post subject: re: Remington 870 AOW?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:35 am 
Presentation Grade

It's mechanically the same. The police model may have some minor differences in features.....different magazine follower, maybe a flexi-tab lifter, etc. These differences may or may not be important to you.

If it were me, I'd stick with the standard Magnum. Never had any trouble with my non-police 870's