CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trius One-Step Clay Target Thrower opinions please
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:34 pm 
Field Grade

I was thinking of picking one up so i could shoot by myself. I have a Do-All already but the arm spring is so Strong i had to make so long U shaped stakes to keep it on the ground. Does the Trius One-Step Clay Target Thrower work as advertised? Will i need to stake it in the ground? Is it really a one man operation? $100 is about all i intend to spend.

Post subject: re: Trius One-Step Clay Target Thrower opinions please
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

I've had one for about 3 years and have been satisfied with it. It does what I need it to do.
It's been reliable, it's portable, a one man operation with no staking involved.

I would appreciate if someone could chime in on how you get it to throw doubles.
I can't find the handbook and trial and error doesn't seem to be working. Thanks

Stevens 311-H SxS (20 ga.)
CZ 452 American (.22lr)

Last edited by MI.sabot on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:29 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a one step. It work fine when you are by your self.
To shoot doubles you have to put some skate board tape on the arm. Then put the 2 bird on and crank up the spring all the way. Step on the pedal and see where they go. You may have to more the one step a little to get the flite where you want it to go.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Quote:
To shoot doubles you have to put some skate board tape on the arm

Kraiza:
I'm not following this. :?: Can you elaborate a little.

Stevens 311-H SxS (20 ga.)
CZ 452 American (.22lr)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:10 am 
Crown Grade

By putting some skate board tape on the arm, it will stop the second clay from sliding down the are. This will keep the bird flying in the same direction. I found out if I don't use the no skid tape the birds can fly all over the place and some time you can't shoot where the birds are going.
Skate board tape or no skid tape form home depot will work just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:59 am 
Utility Grade

I mounted mine on an old car wheel. A little more cumberson, but it doesn't jump around so much. You have to stake if down pretty good because there is a lot of torque on the throwing arm. I have had mine over 30 years and it still works fine. Won it in a trap shoot, for a fact.

Horsefly

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:16 pm 
Diamond Grade

I have one and it works as it is intended to work. However the shots for a one man operation will be all going away from the shooter. I bought a Do-all Aerial Assault battey powered unit with a wireless remote and the new wobbler kit. I mounted it on a flat bed garden wagon so I can pull it anywhere I need it to be. Works great I can get all angles and shots by myself with it. If I knew how to post a picture I would,

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:34 am 
Field Grade

Ive had mine for about 6 months and love it, its great for shooting alone, although the electric one with the foot petal, is awesome. Ive never needed to stake it down, or anything. You can also get it to throw the clays in a little different pattern just by stepping more on one side than the other.
As for shooting doubles, i loosen the wing nut and stack 2 clays in the holder than step. Is this wrong? The only draw back to this is that the birds are in the same path, just different heights.

I think its one of the best $100.00 investment, you can take anywhere and set up in minutes.

Post subject: Re: re: Trius One-Step Clay Target Thrower opinions please
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

stl sporting wrote:
Ive had mine for about 6 months and love it, its great for shooting alone, although the electric one with the foot petal, is awesome. Ive never needed to stake it down, or anything. You can also get it to throw the clays in a little different pattern just by stepping more on one side than the other.
As for shooting doubles, i loosen the wing nut and stack 2 clays in the holder than step. Is this wrong? The only draw back to this is that the birds are in the same path, just different heights.

I think its one of the best $100.00 investment, you can take anywhere and set up in minutes.

+1 For a hundred bucks it exceeded my expectations. Great introduction for beginners - nice easy going away targets without the pressure of being at a crowded trap range.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:40 pm 
Limited Edition

I have one and it works well, really don't use it much. when I shoot with others we use one that clampt to a bench.

Post subject: Re: re: Trius One-Step Clay Target Thrower opinions please
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

I bought one to use by myself. I had it for about a week, and it worked as advertised, but I ended up returning it anyway. It worked perfectly, but with every target being exactly the same, it quickly got boring. Also, I found it was a little cumbersome to step on the machine to make a target go, and then quickly get set to shoot. Still, I think it was a pretty good product, given it's low price. It just wasn't for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:57 pm 
Diamond Grade

I got one for Christmas 3 years ago, and I have been using it ever since with out a problem....easy to use....and if ya like shooting alone.....which I do....a great tool to take out to the boonies to your favorite shooting spot and just have at it!!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't have one, but will probably get one. It sounds great to sight in your gun. Better than trying to find time at the range and locking the Trap machine straight.

Even better, you can still get all the angles you want if you have a friend with you. I don't know, but it seems easier to operate than some of the others out there, electronic machines not withstanding.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:17 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I think they're a great little machine for the money. Compact, reliable and practically self-cocking. IMO, they do tend to work better or be more fun when you have a friend with you. My brother and I have taken his out pretty often during the last few years, and we can move along at a nice clip.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:48 pm 
Field Grade

it works great but it does get too easy shooting straight away. i tilted mine on a rock and loosened the clamp screw to get some arcs like a frizbee. makes it a little more challenging when im by myself! also you almost have to shoot lowgun so thats harder and you get real busy with doubles.