CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Where are Stoeger guns made?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Anyone know?

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

Post subject: re: Where are Stoeger guns made?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:07 pm 
Presentation Grade

Depends on the model.... O/U's are made in Brazil, semi-auto's in Turkey. I believe the pump is Turkish as well. Not sure about the sxs's or coach guns, though.

Post subject: Re: re: Where are Stoeger guns made?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ClayCrazy wrote:
Not sure about the sxs's or coach guns, though.

Brazil.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the info.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:01 pm 
Field Grade

The SxS Coach Gun and Uplander are made by E. R. Amantino in Brazil.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:23 pm 
Crown Grade

All the Condors are Brazillian, too.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Vursan in Turkey makes the Stoeger semis and pumps, except for the barrels. The barrels are made in Italy by Beretta and shipped to Turkey for final assembly.

Vursan also makes the inertia actions for the Beretta/Benelli/Franchi shotguns and ships them to Italy for final assembly. The actions are very much alike but not interchangable. For example, the Stoeger is a rough finished action that functions as well as the more polished Benelli action. The Franchi I-12 has the same action as the Stoeger but one or two of the specs are changed so that they can't swap out. Other than that, they are basically the same action.

According to reports by a leading magazine, the Stoeger has less returns for service than the $1000 higher in price Benelli.

IMO, Vursan makes a fine action and over the past two or three years, has gone to CNC computerized tooling and improved an already reliable family of guns. I have an older 2000 and a new design 2000. Both are very reliable but the difference in tooling and maching of the parts is so much better in the new design.

I have never owned a Stoeger double and can't comment on them. They are made at the old Boito plant now owned by E. R. Amantino. Their early reputation was not good but since I've never shot one or owned one, I will withhold judgment until I do so.

Happy shooting! :)

Help Wanted: Chicken needed immediately at chicken soup factory to replace retired rooster that waded through the chicken soup. Hip boots will be furnished.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:13 pm 
Limited Edition

evbutler....Do not believe what any "leading" mag has to say about Stoeger returns....I call them on that BS.
I owned two SxS....both failed right out of the box after a good cleaning....took 1.5 yrs for them to correct my problems...FTF, Doubling, lite primer strikes......Stoeger looks good, handle fine....until you go to shoot....Junk IMO.
I will admit there are those who have been lucky and have had no issues though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:54 am 
Crown Grade

My Condor has been flawless. I did take the stock off when new and flushed out a lot of black sooty powder, though. I imagine this junk may have caused a problem if not cleaned out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

no problems with condor comp. cleaned the heck out of it before i ever shot it,not a lot of rounds through it YET,but very pleased with my purchase. :D

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

Post subject: Re: re: Where are Stoeger guns made?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:01 pm 
Limited Edition

5spd wrote:
evbutler....Do not believe what any "leading" mag has to say about Stoeger returns....I call them on that BS.
I owned two SxS....both failed right out of the box after a good cleaning....took 1.5 yrs for them to correct my problems...FTF, Doubling, lite primer strikes......Stoeger looks good, handle fine....until you go to shoot....Junk IMO.
I will admit there are those who have been lucky and have had no issues though.

I have been shooting for 25 years and have a bunch of American and Italian shotguns. At one time, I was interested in picking up a cheap 20ga. O/U. I bought a Condor. It broke the second season. Later, I gave in to the desire to get an inexpensive side-by-side 20ga. I bought a Turkish gun (DeHaan: Huglu with aftermarket QC checks and improvements). It broke after less than three boxes of shells.

Of all the many rifles, pistols and shotguns I own, these are the ONLY two weapons that have let me down. In the future, my shotgun purchases will be limited to guns made in Italy, Spain, Germany or the USA. (Maybe Great Britain if I hit the lottery....) 8)

Good shooting,
desmobob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:41 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

5spd,

Thanks for the comment. However, I was refering to the semiautos, not the doubles. I have no comment concerning the O/Us or the SXS Stoegers. The statement about the return rate was made by a very reputable writer that I highly respect. He does not work for Field and Stream. He was covering foreign made brand guns and their quality. He was not favoring one over the other. Just stating facts as he found them.

I do not now own, nor will I ever buy one of their doubles. However, I highly respect the 2000 semiauto. It works every time, is very reliable, and a very simple gun to strip and clean and put back in working order in less than 5 minutes.

The doubles do not have the reputation of being a quality gun. Though some have found the coach guns to be OK, I won't spend my money on one. It is amazing that Benelli still maintains a partnership with them.

Thanks again for your comment. Always welcome.

Help Wanted: Chicken needed immediately at chicken soup factory to replace retired rooster that waded through the chicken soup. Hip boots will be furnished.