CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stoeger 2000 ejector retainer - pin or screw?
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

hey everyone. I have a Stoeger 2000 that has flawlessly shot about 20k rounds since August (I shoot sporting clays very regularly)...until about 2 weeks ago when it started stovepiping every round.

As I cleaned it, I noticed that the part that holds the ejector to the receiver is missing and the ejector has slipped back in its groove about 1/2", which is why it wasn't ejecting.

I called Benelli for a replacement, but they asked me if I needed the pin or the screw. The diagram I have in the manual does not list these parts because they're not intended to be removed, so can someone tell me if the part I'm looking for is a pin or a screw? If you had a part number, that would be extra cool.

I'd post a picture but I don't think I can on this forum. There's a hole near the center of the receiver, about 2 inches above and forward of the pin that retains the trigger group.

Post subject: re: stoeger 2000 ejector retainer - pin or screw?
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:56 am 
Diamond Grade

Look on the left side of the receiver. There will be a screw hole for a hex head screw. If it ain't there, it is a pin that holds the ejector.

We don't need more laws; we need more common sense!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:38 am 
Presentation Grade

maybe it's just early in the morning, but I don't get it.

There's a hole in the receiver. The pin/screw is missing - that's why I'm asking whether it's a pin or a screw so I can order it. According to Benelli, there is a pin AND a screw that's part of the assembly and we (the customer service person and I) couldn't figure out which one. Are you saying it could be either??

the hole looks like it has a bevel - a larger hole that doesn't go all the way through, and a smaller hole that does. Like the part in question has a head on it, but I can't tell if the hole is threaded.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Looks like a hex head screw to me. Mine is a new model with the camo finish.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:16 am 
Presentation Grade

just for future reference, if someone does a search -

When I started disassembling the ejector pin assembly I noticed that after the hex screw came out, the assembly started slipping backwards in its channel until it got to the end and started sticking out into the path of the bolt, where the back end of the assembly got smashed.

I called Benelli customer service (same as Stoeger). The sent me all the parts needed to build a new ejector pin assembly and retaining screw. When I reinstalled the new ejector pin, I put some red loctite on the hex screw to make sure it wasn't going to back out again.

Today, I took it to the range and shot 2 rounds of sporting clays and didn't have a single malfunction. Looks like 20K rounds isn't the limit on this beast.

Post subject: Re: stoeger 2000 ejector retainer - pin or screw?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 pm 
Utility Grade

I have this exact problem. Glad you posted it up here. Now if I could just find the same number you called........I had to fill out a form, and they would hopefully get back to me. (I've always heard that benelli Customer service was in the tolet)

Thanks for your post!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:44 am 
Presentation Grade

this is the number from my manual:

I don't remember if this was it or if I was re-directed to Benelli, but here it is:

301-283-6300

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:39 am 
Diamond Grade

Toll Free: (800) 264-4962

We don't need more laws; we need more common sense!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:36 am 
Crown Grade

Every 2000 owner NEEDS to take out the screw and locktite it. Otherwise it will work loose. A free fix if done before the problem occurs. Borrow your buddy's locktite-it takes one drop. I had to buy a bottle-$10.00! Now I have 100 drops left over! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Super glue works as well. Two tubes for 99 cents.