CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: can I buy a Rem.870 ribbed forend?
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:27 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a chance to buy a Rem. 870 express,it has the checkered forend. I really want a ribbed forend, can I buy one? If not, I plan on going with a new Maverick88. The Rem.870 is used by the way. This will be my first shotgun.

Post subject: re: can I buy a Rem.870 ribbed forend?
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Man....I think I'd bet the farm you can find a ribbed forend for your 870.......they made a real lot of em :lol: .....If it were me I'd do a lot of searching before I'd settle for a Maverick 88....I don't really have anything against Mossberg products as such...I had a 500 for quite a few years...it worked fine...used it as a swamp creeper...It's just that going for the extra lower priced version of the lowest priced bargin maker model seems like underkill.......hell...look around for the ribbed forend.....Art

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:09 pm 
Utility Grade

thanks Art, I can get the used express or the new Maverick for the same price. I've been really checking out and researching the Maverick, and most of the talk seems positive on it. I haven't paid any attention to the Remingtons because I figured they were way out of my price range. I like the looks of the Maverick, something about the ribbed forend. I may go check out the Remington tomorrow, they'll have to order the maverick if I want it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

"It's ribbed for your pleasure!"

Blood Donor (12+ Gallons)
Friends of NRA Committee Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:19 am 
Presentation Grade

Log on to WWW.GUNPARTS.COM they may be able to help you with your ribbed 870 forend.

RON