CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baikal MP-153/Remington SPR453
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:29 am 
Utility Grade

Hey, I'm looking for a new shotgun when I came across the SPR453, I looked into it and it sounds like a great gun for the money, then I looked into it more and found out that it was a Baikal MP-153 and the SPR453 are the same, where could I buy a Baikal with a wood stock and would it be a good investment?

Thanks

Jeff

Post subject: Re: Baikal MP-153/Remington SPR453
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mossberg16 wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for a new shotgun when I came across the SPR453, I looked into it and it sounds like a great gun for the money, then I looked into it more and found out that it was a Baikal MP-153 and the SPR453 are the same, where could I buy a Baikal

Remington is the main importer of Baikal products now. You might be able to find a 153 on the used market.

Quote:
with a wood stock and would it be a good investment?

No, guns are not good investments, they're toys. Some toys hold their value better than others, but how much value can you hold at $200?

Prayer for Obama: Psalm 109:8

Post subject: re: Baikal MP-153/Remington SPR453
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 pm 
Field Grade

I looked into these guns about a year ago, and was quite impressed. I decided to go with the Mossberg 930, due to the fact that I didnt really want 31/2 capabilities. However, A friend of mine has one and I shot it and liked the feel. Maybe not the best gun, but for the price very nice.

Post subject: re: Baikal MP-153/Remington SPR453
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Keep an eye out on www.gunbroker.com
I often see wooden stock Baikal MP153's for sale...sometimes new in box. I have used a MP153 for close to five years without any problems. The gun pretty much cycles every 12ga size round I throw in it. If you go with the MP153/SPR453 make sure to read the owners manual and understand how this shotgun operates. This semi-auto has an adjustable gas valve system. The few that have problems with this shotgun usually have the gas setting out of proper adjustment. The MP153/SPR453 is a pretty plain Jane shotgun but they are well known for dependable field operation. The gun is also on the heavy side being close to 8 pounds.

Do a search here for more information by typing
MP153
MP-153
SPR453
SPR-453

in the seach box.

There is a lot of very good information on this shotgun here @ Shotgunworld.

Post subject: Re: Baikal MP-153/Remington SPR453
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:18 pm 

Mossberg16 wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for a new shotgun when I came across the SPR453, I looked into it and it sounds like a great gun for the money, then I looked into it more and found out that it was a Baikal MP-153 and the SPR453 are the same, where could I buy a Baikal with a wood stock and would it be a good investment?

Thanks

Jeff

If you find one at a good price, buy it. They are rough around the edges but perfectly serviceable guns. I doubt you will find a MP153 in wood stock unless you search on auction arms or someplace.
I might add, strike while the iron is hot. Prices have been going up it appears on all imported guns and Baikal is no exception.

Amassing a stockpile of shotshells