CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wright Arms Company
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:07 pm 
Utility Grade

Gents, I am new to this site and I need some help. If I'm in the wrong place, please redirect me. I have acquired a SxS shotgun that has "Wright Arms Co." on the left side and "The Interchangeable" on the right. The gun needs work (i.e.- hammers, fore-stock, firing pins, etc.) but I would like to know if anyone can ID the gun and maybe tell me something about it. The barrels have "Belgium Steel" written on them and there are some Belgium (?) proof marks under the action.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you, BrokenNHalf

Post subject: re: Wright Arms Company
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:20 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

The "Wright Arms Co." was likely a Hardware or Sporting goods co that imported guns from Belgium. The Interchangeable mark identifies it as any one of 4 Belgian makers. Neumann Bros, Dumolin & Co, Simonis, and Janssen all used the name "Interchangeable" on guns importe in the late 1800, early 1900 period..Bushrod