CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perazzi Experts
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:14 pm 
Field Grade

I am confused by Perazzi models. I am just interested in just a single barrel set up. What is the difference between the MX 2000 and the MX-15? General opinions about Perazzi vs. other high end brands will be appreciated. I had a Perazzi 20 years ago and loved it. gyrine

Post subject: re: Perazzi Experts
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Same frame and barrels, different stock configuration, and rib is a little different. Less money. The real difference is cosmetics and price as with all Pguns. I didn't like the Pgun 15 I shot for a short time, but many do and have good luck with reliability. Mine was just an unsingle with no combo O/U barrel included. A used gun that came with 3 sets of release trigger groups. I found out why the previous owner needed all the triggers. Getting through an event with one trigger group and not having a pull through or lockup chances were remote.

This is not typical for Perazzi, just my Perazzi.

Maltzie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:08 am 
Field Grade

I take it that the 15 has removable trigger group and 2000 does not? Am I correct in concluding that Pguns do not have the sterling reputation for reliability that they enjoyed 25 years ago, where as the Kguns retain a better reputation in the same price range? I too am looking at an unsingle, not a combo. gyrine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

gyrine.....I'm trying to remember if it was a MX-10 or MX-15 I had. Probably a 10, and the 15's were some cheaper, but I don't think it matters. From the MX-8, 10, 15, to 2000 I believe they all had the same frame and cosmetic changes make the model. Some trigger groups were not selective, newer models were. Top or unsingle optional. I remember a shooting buddy offering me his MX-15 ungun for $5000.00 and it was in great shape with nice wood. I passed based on the experience had with the first one tried.

Perazzi has changed ribs, wood, trigger configuration, and cosmetics, but to my knowledge the all have the same frame accept the TM-1/TMX. Much like the Beretta 600 series. I ended up with a Krieghoff K-80 combo and shot it from 2000 to 2007. Never got the unbarrel to shoot caps, but the O/U barrels were like radar. I sold the unbarrel off of the combo and for the price of the barrel, I purchased a Beretta 687EELL in trap. Made some changes to the Bgun and ended up with a +5 target average difference from the 27 yard line. You know what they say about a gun that hits cap targets for you. Yup....I'm a spaghetti gun shooter now, Beretta not Perazzi. And, I don't care about the prestige.

Maltzie