CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sears Ted Williams mod. 75 20GA semi auto
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi all.

This is an old shotgun my grandpa had and has been passed down to me. I really like the gun, and it is in fairly good shape. I have shot it a few times. It has a hi and low base selector. The adjustable choke and vent rib barrel. It has the nice checkering on the forearm and grip and scroll work on the receiver. It also has the high polished bolt.

I do need a little info on who made it so I can look for a few parts. How can I find who made it and how old it is.

The hi and low base selector switch is not working, it feels like it is not connected to anything.

I am not sure how to use and properly set the adjustable choke. It goes around a few times and I am not sure what to line the marking on it up with!!??

I have found out it does not like reloads, they evidently have swelled just enough that it jams. Any factory round works just fine.

The only other problem is that sometime the next round will not pop out of the tube, there is a little gizmo ( please forgive my tech language) that holds the shell in the tube and is supposed to slide back and let the shell come out and it seems to stick. I might just need to clean it better, but I have no idea how to field strip this gun and dont want to just start taking parts off.

Sorry to make a book for you, any info and this great old gun would be much appreciated.

I would love to be able to have it in good working order and be able to hand it off to my son in a few years!!!!!

Thanks a bunch

Rob

Post subject: re: Sears Ted Williams mod. 75 20GA semi auto
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Rob, are there any other numbers on the gun? Ted Williams was a name used by Sears, Roebuck and Co. for a bunch of sporting goods. They sold shotguns made by just about everyone in the country. Most of the Sears model numbers for shotguns were "101.*, 103.*, 153.*, etc".

Here is a link to a cross-reference listing but I don't find anything that resembles Model 75.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp