CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perazzi MT6 ????????
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:04 pm 
Limited Edition

Does anyone have any experience with this gun? I am wanting a 50/50 gun for skeet and the place I found this gun at says it's a 50/50.Has ct/ct bbls (whatever that is) Comes with Perazzi case and they want 3K for it. Opinions?
TIA
Heck

If you want to sell it post a picture, Bonehead!

Post subject: re: Perazzi MT6 ????????
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

ct/ct = choke tubes (in each barrel).......terry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:46 pm 
Limited Edition

Well now that makes sense. :oops: I wonder why I couldn't put that together? Opinion on gun? :H

PS: Yer in trouble now, I got new extended tubes yesterday! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

I know NOTHING about the MT6....I don't even know anything about the MT 1 thru 5's.......Terry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

The MT-6 was manufactured in 1976 for the Montreal Olympics, it came in skeet and trap versions, it also has 2 versions of the receiver, 1 with grooves in it and 1 without, it was right on the cusp of type 2/3 version Perazzis. they are built very well and are easily re-buildable if worn out, overall a solid gun which will satisfy your skeet fever.

Ken

Post subject: Re: re: Perazzi MT6 ????????
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:11 pm 
Limited Edition

k80shooter wrote:
The MT-6 was manufactured in 1976 for the Montreal Olympics, it came in skeet and trap versions, it also has 2 versions of the receiver, 1 with grooves in it and 1 without, it was right on the cusp of type 2/3 version Perazzis. they are built very well and are easily re-buildable if worn out, overall a solid gun which will satisfy your skeet fever.

Ken

Ken, this one has the grooved reciever and is 95 percent. The one thing I don't like about it is the wood is awfully plain.
How can I tell for sure what version it is, ie: trap or skeet? Is it worth the 3K they want for it? TIA
Ron

PS: Here is how it's listed.
Choke Type: factory CT/CT
Drop in Comb: 1 1/2"
Case: Perazzi ABS
Serial Number: 100436
Barrel Length: 29 1/2"
Wood Grade: Standard
Drop in Heel: 2 1/4"
Type: Skeet, sporting, field
Condition: pre-owned
Engraving Gauge/Caliber: MT6
Quantity:

Pre-owned in very good condition Perazzi MT6 with 29 1/2" Ct/Ct barrels (6 factory chokes included) Classic silver line reciever, Pro Ported Barrels. This is a pefect sporting gun as it sits. Has Type IV Forearm Iron and 18.4 bores and 1.52 KG barrel weight Blueing is 95% and is original Very clean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

I looked at the gun on Kurt's site, it has the orig. bbl. and forend, the porting will bring the value down a little but not much. All mt-6s came with some pretty plain wood so you don't have much of an option there, the measurements sound pretty standard for a skeet/sporting gun.

$3000 is not a bad price for this gun in 90-95% condition. I would personally look around a little more for a nice used orig. MX-8 or Mirage with 29 1/2" bbls. which could be had for $4k to $4500 if you have the extra cash.

Ken

Post subject: Re: re: Perazzi MT6 ????????
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:10 pm 
Limited Edition

k80shooter wrote:
I looked at the gun on Kurt's site, it has the orig. bbl. and forend, the porting will bring the value down a little but not much. All mt-6s came with some pretty plain wood so you don't have much of an option there, the measurements sound pretty standard for a skeet/sporting gun.

$3000 is not a bad price for this gun in 90-95% condition. I would personally look around a little more for a nice used orig. MX-8 or Mirage with 29 1/2" bbls. which could be had for $4k to $4500 if you have the extra cash.

Ken

The MX8s and the Mirages I.ve seen ae all trap guns. I want a skeet gun with tubes.

If I have to spend 4500 I'll put a couple of grand more and get the K80 that I really want.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:41 pm 
Crown Grade

A 29 1/2" MT6 is a trap gun, but in today's world, that is also a skeet gun. I'm not sure that some MT6s weren't ported from the factory. All MT6s I've seen have had very plain wood. That's the way they made them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:35 pm 
Field Grade

This is a type IV gun with non-detachable trigger group. The triggers are selectable via the thumb safety. The porting is not factory but by Pro-Port. This is basically the same gun as the MX12 or MX2000S but has a different forearm iron. Wood for the gun can be hard to find but I do see sets for sale. The stock from a MX12 or MX2000S will interchange with the MT6 but the forearm will not.

Oliver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:35 pm 
Utility Grade

Heckyeah,

I shoot the MT6 for Skeet, SC’s, and 5 Stand. I purchased mine from the Grey Market (Europe) and I couldn’t be happier… The only thing I wish I could change is the barrel length from 27.5" to 29.5", however, it’s not a show stopper for me. This gun is very dynamic and easy to shoot if it fit’s. Skeet and 5 Stand are spot-on perfect for me and the MT-6, with that said I also shoot SC’s and the gun works very well in that discipline. It’s not a K-80 or an MX-2000S, but it is really well built and fun to shoot… The wood is a little dull, however, I had the wood refinished from an oil finish to a very durable shiny Dupont finish – WOW, the wood grain just stood out and was very nice compared to the old dull oil rubbed finish, btw, I even managed to find an English style stock for it and had it fitted to me.

Best of luck.

Fenrock