CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mec 762R
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:48 am 
Limited Edition

I have a chance to get a 762R bought reasonable and was wondering how many out there use this loader. Looks very similar to the 8567. I load a 100-200 rounds /week after I stockpile 20 boxes in the off season using my 600 jr. I'm thinking this loader will do me just fine. I'm so comfortable with the 600 jr I almost don't want to learn progressive problems!! I'm sure I'll do fine, just in my smug happy place with reloading right now and not wanting to change. I do welcome the thought of cranking out 300 rounds in a short time in the near future. :D

Post subject: re: Mec 762R
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I use a 76 press that I bought used. I also have a sizemaster. I like loading on the progressive. But I have had some problems. You will probably want to upgrade the automatic primer feed on the the new press. You will probably need to remove and clean and polish the powder drop tube on the old press. Then load a few shells one at the time and check it for function, particularly at the primer and powder drop stage and for proper control of the powder bar. You can get parts from MEC, but pay particular attention to the instructions with them. Some of the parts have to be modified to work on the older 76 press. Not reading the instructions on the new crimp starter cost me about $50 in extra parts that I bent.
All in all, I find it more relaxing to load with the progressive than the sizemaster now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 am 
Field Grade

My only complaint about the 762R is that little fence that is welded on behind the last 3 stations. If you need to remove a shell for some reason, that fence makes it a bit difficult. Otherwise, I'm just as pleased with it as with my 8567.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My 28 ga. is a 762R. I have no welded fence in the back.
If you can get it at $200 or less that is good. You can easily get by without the auto primer and have a decent production rate. The other night I knocked out about 300 shells in 1.5 hours (unboxed, no auto primer feed).
Be prepared to spend some time adjusting it.
The 761R came with metal dies, I believe the 2R's came with the plastic.
Mine also wears a universal charge bar and red plastic powder baffle as do my 12,16,and 20.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As the others have said it's a good machine.I run one in 410 on my Auto-Mate.It has a slightly different re-sizer than the 8567 but it works the same way.

Steve