ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gun bluing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I am thinking of getting an 1100 and a Wingmaster re-blued. There is a guy on gunbroker that re-blues for $85 plus shipping. Is this a good price? His username on GB is DWSShooter. Does anyone know anything about his work? Anyone on here that does this? I am not looking for musuem quality work, just something that looks decent and will hold up. I have tried cold blueing myself, but it didn't turn out to good.

Post subject: Re: gun bluing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:28 pm 
Utility Grade

Predominately a rifle man, but Mel Doyle does excellent hot blueing at a very reasonable price on both rifles and shotguns.
If you want to read some comments about his work, google up Mel Doyles Gun Shop and read some of the posts. I believe he charges about $35.00-$40.00 for blue job if you do the prep work. $80.00 or so if he does it.

Mel Doyles Gun Shop
401 Ellis Ln
Plummer, ID 83851

Phone# 208-686-1006