CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester ranger model 120
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:03 pm 
Im selling a Winchester ranger model 120 12 gauge. I was wounder if any body would know the vaule of one. It looks like it in good shape.

Post subject: Re: Winchester ranger model 120
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:31 am 
Crown Grade

You might try posting this in the gun ID & value forum those guys can tell you.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=5

©2010, md_beatt, All Rights Reserved.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:22 pm 
Do you know if this would be a good clay shotgun? My frind wants it for clays.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:26 pm 
Crown Grade

I am not real familer with the 120, i have a winchester 140 that i have used for clays, and it works fine. but i am new at shooting trap, you should ask about that in the trap/skeet fourm they will have a lot more knowlege then i do.

©2010, md_beatt, All Rights Reserved.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:14 pm 
Crown Grade

I'm not an "expert", but I believe the old Model 120 was the basic field grade version of the Winchester 1200 pump gun. I've seen some old Model 120's for sale locally for $150-$200. Of course, it could be worth more if its in good shape, or if the buyer really wants it.

I'm sure the serious trap/skeet guys will remind you that dedicated competition guns are the way to go for clay target games. However, for the beginner/casual shooter/or tight budget crowd, nearly any 12 gauge with at least a 26" barrel will suffice for occasional clay target use.

I currently have 2 "competition" guns, and one 870 Express for casual use. I have fun with them all. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:32 pm 
snipcod wrote:
Im selling a Winchester ranger model 120 12 gauge. I was wounder if any body would know the vaule of one. It looks like it in good shape.

I bought a used model 120 with the original box, and two barrels for $300.00. The extra barrel was a 24" slug barrel. It is in excellent condition. A 120 by itself would probably go for $150-$200.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:29 pm 
Utility Grade

This is the gun I now own. Bought it last week second hand, and it is in mint condition. I only plan to use it for casual trap shooting, mostly with a ground type launcher ( Outers Flightmaster ) Because of the full choke and short distances when using a home thrower, your shot has to be just about right on. Makes it a little more challenging, but so are the resuts!!! :D

I think a mint condition 120 will fetch $200.00, according to the gun value archive

Just to expand the discussion, I was considering a 2nd barrel for my gun.

Question: Will the 1300 barrel fit the Ranger?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:57 pm 
Utility Grade

How much do you want for this gun?
Do you have photos?
Does it have a Winchoke system or a fixed choke?
I had one in near-mint condition that was stolen; the
insurance company allowed me $160. Would $160 buy this one?
Roy