CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12 Ga muzzle break
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:41 pm 
Field Grade

Do any real shotgun muzzle breaks that do not require gunsmithing exist? I ignorantly ordered the ATI shotforce muzzle mount, and what do you know, after one use the thing cracks all the way down the middle. Completely worthless, probably the worst $15 i've ever spent in my life. Thankfully it was only $15 though.

Anyways I want to get a real muzzle break. Anyone know of anything good that would work on my 12 ga?

Post subject: Re: 12 Ga muzzle break
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

KingArmory's KA1212 is great, but I highly recommend sending the barrel in to them for a permanent install.

The cost isn't that much over the brake itself, and it is truly effective.

Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool, or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool. - Tactical Response
Embrace your wear marks. - 870Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:58 am 
Limited Edition

buy a mossy road blocker. duh. plus everyone ill think youre ultra tactical

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:14 pm 
Field Grade

Fondly wrote:

Do they have a retail version just the muzzle break? I've actually been looking into it, but the only one way I have seen it can be bought is to buy the whole firearm. Which I dont need.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:25 pm 
Field Grade

FMD wrote:
KingArmory's KA1212 is great, but I highly recommend sending the barrel in to them for a permanent install.

What do you mean by permanent? is there a temporary install alternative?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:40 pm 
Crown Grade

There are two advantages to permanent attachment- first of all, you don't have to worry about it coming loose. Second of all, with the brake permanently attached, it is considered part of the barrel, which means that the barrel can be cut under 18", so long as after the brake is attached, the overall length is over 18".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 pm 
Crown Grade

bigman321 wrote:
Fondly wrote:

Do they have a retail version just the muzzle break? I've actually been looking into it, but the only one way I have seen it can be bought is to buy the whole firearm. Which I dont need.

Fondly was being sarcastic, as usual. Do not buy the roadblocker, unless by roadblocker you mean the ol' semi-auto 10ga.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

bigman321 wrote:
FMD wrote:

What do you mean by permanent? is there a temporary install alternative?

They have both a setscrew version and a version that is brazed permanently onto the barrel.

I'd highly recommend the permanent install version.

Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool, or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool. - Tactical Response
Embrace your wear marks. - 870Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:17 am 
Limited Edition

Well why do you really need it? I don't think it effects the recoil all that much, most of the muzzle attaachments being sold nowadays are just for the tacti-cool look.

I'd just say do this: Go get some high quality super glue, at any hardware store. Apply it to the rim of the muzzle. Then slap it into your car door, and hold it there for five minutes, applying pressure constantly. Then just pull back sharply and tear the car door off. Now load it with several rounds of slugs and buckshot, randomly varying, and fire a few boxes of rounds. That will clear the hole. Voila! The world's best muzzle brake. Now if you want to take it off just throw the whole gun away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:42 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
I plan to finish my Mossberg 500 Cruiser J.I.C. with the set screw version of King Armory's KA-1212 later this summer. I was particularly impressed with kingjoey's videos of its flash suppression. http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll284/kingarmory/Videos/?action=view&current=KA1212demo1.flv

At night a BG just might return fire where he saw a big fireball, and even though the BG cannot see my silhouette to aim at, he might still hit me. Better safe than sorry means, to me, get the KA-1212 for home defense shotguns.

Now the permanent methods of the installing the KA-1212 are exactly what nearly everyone will prefer. I had considered moving to California and I was concerned that California might someday change their assault weapons ban to include shotguns with flash suppressors. Among lots of other weapons that are currently banned as assault weapons in California are "A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and ...(E) A flash suppressor..." I have put a good deal of thought and expense in my HD shotgun, and I decided that, for me only, the set screw/drilled dimples attachment method was preferable, so that if California ever in the future does ban shotguns with flash suppressors, I could just take it off.

I hope you do well in your new shop, Joey! :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:21 am 
Diamond Grade

wfb18 wrote:
I hope you do well in your new shop, Joey! :!: :!: :!:

We're moving stuff in right now, hope to be running next week.

http://www.kingarmory.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:44 am 
Presentation Grade

:oops: I have some C#$%blocker and Rollingblunder barrels for the 870 in bound. :oops: If they ever show up I'll get some info out on them. One of my test shotguns has a removable breacher that could also be fit with a muzzle brake I suppose. I shot it in a few courses with the breacher in place. It never came of but it did come loose a few times. It was only on hand tight though so that contributed to it.

I'm getting ready to send out a 870 to be magna ported for some testing. I'd have to say that porting the barrel is the only "muzzle brake" for a shotgun that I am interested in.

Kingjoey, I got my Model 11 barrel back, thanks. I can't get you PM though, can you give me a call? I'm going to shoot one of those 870 barrels out to you when I get them in.